Sharing my collection of Third Reich photos

R Michael

I started collecting TR photos back in the late 1990s. I shared on the net some of my collection over the years. Since I am going thru my collection again and re-scanning I thought I'd share my collection with you all. My focus has always been technical related. so my collection is vehicle heavy. I do hope you enjoy!

all the best, Mike 

first up is a column of STuGs rolling thru I think, Minsk. 

img001.jpg

Another photo that is a side interest, Grave marker photos. this one is the final resting place of UnterOfficcer Walter Krocker. 

img002.jpg

Next one is of a river crossing. I am guessing early in the war as the PZ11s crossing the river. Looks like from the writing on the reverse it is possibly Belgium. 

img003.jpg

img004.jpg

Another showing Destroyed Soviet tanks. By the look of the trees I have a feeling Northern Front. 

img005.jpg

Proud Kraut

Writing on the back of No. 3 is: "Pionierbrücken bei Bullion über den Semois in Belgien" (Engineer bridges near Bullion over the river Semois in Belgium).

Very interesting photos, thanks for sharing!

1 hour ago, Proud Kraut said:

Writing on the back of No. 3 is: "Pionierbrücken bei Bullion über den Semois in Belgien" (Engineer bridges near Bullion over the river Semois in Belgium).

Very interesting photos, thanks for sharing!

Thank you for the translation! 

mike

A Panzer column rolling thru a Russian village. 

img006.jpg

German vehicles somewhere on the western front during the invasion of the lowlands and France 1940. 

img007.jpg

a knocked out Soviet KV1 tank somewhere on the Eastern front August 1941

img008.jpg

A nice shot of a Gigant prior to the upgrade of engines. This one still in the glider configuration. 

img009.jpg

last up for today a great shot of a kradMelder and buddies belonging to a Flamnenwerfer unit. 

img010.jpg

Proud Kraut

2nd photo/Western front 1940: looks like a variation of the 13th Infantry Division insignia on the tail of the last vehicle.

23 hours ago, Proud Kraut said:

2nd photo/Western front 1940: looks like a variation of the 13th Infantry Division insignia on the tail of the last vehicle.

At first I thought it was a recon tactical symbol but I think you’re correct. Thanks. 

mike

35 minutes ago, Jack the Collector said:

That Gigant photo is the cats meow!I have a couple of them but they are not often found as private photos.

Thanks Jack. I’ve had a few over the years that passed thru my hands. One that had 82nd ABD troopers sitting on a wing. 

I also collect Negatives and Agfa color slides. Here is one showing Dr. Todt Bridge, Org. todt Bridge no. 66

img011.jpg

img011-1.jpg

another from the same negative grouping. 

img012.jpg

Another scan. Id say this one has the feel of being pre-war. 

img014.jpg

A nice image showing a General talking to subordinates. 

img015.jpg

last one for tonight. Not sure if this is a self portrait of the soldier that shot these negatives but it is a nice clear shot for sure. 

img016.jpg

couple for this morning before i head off to work. First is a Sturmovik being looked over by the Germans.. next is an SS staff car with a tactical marking That I used to know and I cannot find my reference book at the moment. Pioneer seems to niggling at my brain but do not quote me. 

img017.jpg

img018.jpg

15 hours ago, Proud Kraut said:

Wasn't it the tactical marking of HQs, Battalion HQs?

I bet You are correct. the tactical symbol for the pioneers was a tree like symbol now that i think about it

a few more this morning for you all. First up is a nice shot of a ME-109 getting prepped for take off. 

img019.jpg

Anice shot of an SPG on a panzer III chassis 

img020.jpg

last one. A Armored Recon vehicle knocked out during the Polish Campaign 

img021.jpg

Proud Kraut

Wow, some more great photos! The tank destroyer on the 2nd photo is a Sd.Kfz. 131 "Marder II", with 75 mm Pak, based on the Panzer II chassis. Thanks for sharing these.

1 hour ago, Proud Kraut said:

Wow, some more great photos! The tank destroyer on the 2nd photo is a Sd.Kfz. 131 "Marder II", with 75 mm Pak, based on the Panzer II chassis. Thanks for sharing these.

thanks sir! 

here are a few more scanned form the collection. The one with the lighthose was taken at dunkirk! 

img022.jpg

img023.jpg

img024.jpg

img025.jpg

last one for tonight! 

img026.jpg

Proud Kraut

Mike, it´s getting better and better.

2nd picture, The Luftwaffen soldier in front of the truck. The insignia on the truck reminds me very much of the one from 9. Staffel Jagdgeschwader 26 "Schlageter" (9th Squadron, 26th Fighter Wing). Search the net and you´ll find it, a red sitting griffin on a white shield.

4th picture is a Sd.Kfz. 139 Marder III 38t

Some awesome pictures!

Lars

16 hours ago, Proud Kraut said:

Mike, it´s getting better and better.

2nd picture, The Luftwaffen soldier in front of the truck. The insignia on the truck reminds me very much of the one from 9. Staffel Jagdgeschwader 26 "Schlageter" (9th Squadron, 26th Fighter Wing). Search the net and you´ll find it, a red sitting griffin on a white shield.

4th picture is a Sd.Kfz. 139 Marder III 38t

Some awesome pictures!

Lars

thank you Lars. Yes you are correct on the ID there is a name of Kurt Eggers written on the back as well. I have forgotten a lot of information on these over the years. good to get refreshed. :) 

15 hours ago, Preppy Picker said:

I like the bedazzled Luftwaffe fur hat and the tank destroying Knights Cross recipient. Who is he?

Not sure. There is at least another wartime copy of this photo that i saw for sale on ebay a few years ago and it had a name attributed but not sure if that was correct. 

these two came together and are related. Looks like Combat police under the auspices of the SS Note the Camo in the first one. Looks like Northern Russia maybe the Lenningrad sector

img027.jpg

img028.jpg

a great shot of a Bison. 

img029.jpg

Another Marder with a description of Northwest France. 

img030.jpg

img031.jpg

Some more before i head on Vacation. 

A nice photo showing the back sides of a Marder. Looks like it may be the Ost front. 

img032.jpg

a rather uncommon image. Luftwaffe personnel standing in front a Glider. 

img033.jpg

Nice shot showing a Panzer transporting a squad of Soldats

img034.jpg

A nice shot of a "named" Marder. 

img035.jpg

One of my favorites. A nicely unit marked Horch somewhere on the Ost front. 

img036.jpg

Proud Kraut

Photos # 1 & 4 are showing tank destroyers "Panzerjaeger I" with 4,7 cm PAK. Only 200 of these self propelled TD on Pz I chassis were built. Very, very nice!

Have a great holiday!

• 2 weeks later...

Had some time so thought I would share a few more today. A Russian T-28 heavy tank somewhere on the Ost front. 

img052.jpg

Another. KV-1 that has run over a staff car for a panzer unit. This photo has been published but this is the photo used in the publication. 

img053.jpg

A captured KV-2 

img054.jpg

this is a really rare photo. This shows a T34 that was towed, without and engine, from the factory in Stalingrad to be used as fixed field gun. This was taken on the southern approaches to Stalingrad and was used to protect that approach from the sixth army

img055.jpg

last one for today. A few captured Russian POWs. 

img056.jpg

Another SPG from the collection a Marder III 

img057.jpg

A nice shot of a general tkaen during what looks like possibly the annexation of Austria. 

img058.jpg

Another shot of an unknown PanzerKnacker 

img059.jpg

a Nice Shot of General "Fritz" Kuhn taken possibly during barbarosa. 

img060.jpg

Lastly a PanzerJeager I with a shield emblem on upper glacias 

img062.jpg

Nice photos.  Notice the General is still wearing his WWI Infantry Officer Degen (IOD) sword.  Regulations allowed this continued wear of Imperial swords.