Sharing my collection of Third Reich photos

R Michael

R Michael

another page from the Luftwaffe "Russland" album. This one show some sensitive content. 

img095.jpg

img095-2.jpg

img095-3.jpg

Brian Keith

We know this happened, seeing it is harder. I assume these victims were accused of being partisans. I wouldn't be surprised if for every one of these on the rope, 10 more partisans rose up. RIP victims of Nazism. 

BKW

Two photos from a small GrossDuecthland infantry regiment grouping during the invasion of the lowlands and France. The one fellow is Balder Von Shirach. A very rare image 

EB7F38F1-A8FA-4C16-9EBB-E6ED75AC8D18.png

7443C08E-6DFF-44A3-9669-927AA75394A4.png

here is another scan from a single photo in the collection. A surrendering French or Belgium soldier. 

img189.jpg

Jack the Collector
8 hours ago, R Michael said:

The one fellow is Balder Von Shirach

Interesting his rank so low,has to be just before or after he became Gauleiter.

17 minutes ago, Jack the Collector said:

Interesting his rank so low,has to be just before or after he became Gauleiter.

From my understanding he just

left the head of the HJ so he could have time in the army to boost his further career. 

Note his gold party badge. 

Jack the Collector
10 hours ago, R Michael said:

Note his gold party badge

Also His HJ Honor badge as well.By 1939,He had fallen out of favor with Hitler for various reason including his wife Henriette "Henny" von Schirach,Daughter of Heinrich Hoffman.One of the few women who would openly challenge Hitler.By 1943 the von Schirach's were no longer a part of the "inner circle". Now that I think about it,I seem to recall he was a dispatch runner for a short time and had been awarded the Iron Cross 2nd class?

Sharing a couple of my few Agfacolor 35mm slides. Looks like an EKII award day for mountain troops. they have the feeling of being taken in Norway though there is no confirmation of this. 

img198.jpg

img199.jpg

Preppy Picker
4 hours ago, R Michael said:

Sharing a couple of my few Agfacolor 35mm slides. Looks like an EKII award day for mountain troops. they have the feeling of being taken in Norway though there is no confirmation of this. 

img198.jpg

img199.jpg

Very nice.

Do they have M40 jackets on?

3 hours ago, Jack the Collector said:

Interesting the ribbons in the second color photo.

Yea. Almost looks like he wore it just to have a photo taken. From my understanding soldiers were allowed to wear on the uniform only on the day it was awarded. 

12 hours ago, Preppy Picker said:

Love the crossed Iron Cross ribbons. By the way your photos of the Lt. in the wrap around is he recon?

id say by the cyphers on his boards he is a tanker from the 21st Panzer Division 

Preppy Picker
3 hours ago, R Michael said:

id say by the cyphers on his boards he is a tanker from the 21st Panzer Division 

Oh it’s a 21, looked like the letter A.

Proud Kraut

I also thouht that this is not a number but a gothic "A", which was worn by members of "Aufklärungsabteilungen" (Reconnaissance units). And yes, the letter looks very similar to "21".

Aufklärer.jpg

learn something everyday! thanks for the information all! Glad to know he was in recon as that used to be one of my focuses in photo collecting just never delved into the uniform side of it.

Mike

Been out of town most of the week for work. Thought I’d share the one real quick from an older scan from a agfacolor slide. This was part of a large grouping that was split up on German eBay years ago. 

80268629-3C64-42B8-A813-D4506B3B9B97.jpeg

Preppy Picker

Sitting on a bridge in full view. No Russian air forces. Thanks again for posting interesting photos.

On 5/21/2022 at 2:59 PM, Proud Kraut said:

I also thouht that this is not a number but a gothic "A", which was worn by members of "Aufklärungsabteilungen" (Reconnaissance units). And yes, the letter looks very similar to "21".

Aufklärer.jpg

PK, what is your embroidered example from, a flag? 

Here is another scan of a column of SS vehicles 

img203.1.jpg

img203.jpg

this one taken in and around Bizeret N. Africa

img204.jpg

Motor pool Inspection day!

img205.jpg

here are some scans from a grouping i own from the 605th transport battalion. Got this many years ago and it came with a presentation album given to the commanding officer. I was young and dumb and sold the album but kept the private photos. Anyway enjoy! 

img206.jpg

img207.jpg

img207-1.jpg

img208.jpg

img208-1.jpg

here are a couple more. There are a few photos of this bombed and burnt convertible. I'm a car guy and I'd like to the the commanding officer was too. Looks like he is rescuing the remains of this one. 

img209.jpg

img210.jpg

img211.jpg

• 1 year later...
On 4/30/2022 at 10:33 AM, R Michael said:

some scans from another negative grouping in the collection. 

img073.jpg

A bored looking fellow. 

img075.jpg

this is an odd one. Are they wearing captured visors and a Cezch Mauser? 

img076.jpg

possibly getting ready to entrain 

img077.jpg

another

img078.jpg

last one.. Notice the adler placement. If that summer uniform popped up for sale just think of the boos it would receive 

img079.jpg

i lied. this is the last one for today. I absolutely love this image. 

img080.jpg

The Tunic he's wearing is a Austrian one, probably the summer weight tunic, who's color is described over on  Axis forum as of an "Oatmeal Color"  member over there did post a photo of said tunic, but over the years image got corrupted.