Sharing my collection of Third Reich photos

R Michael

Preppy Picker

I love that photo with the PanzerKnacker, it’s his whole look right down to the shade over his eyes. The NCO next to him is wearing Y straps. What kind are they? 

Proud Kraut

Post No. 24, last picture: Insignia on the Panzerjaeger I looks like the one of 2nd InfDiv or 61st InfDiv. Great photos, thanks for sharing your collection!

10 hours ago, SARGE said:

Nice photos.  Notice the General is still wearing his WWI Infantry Officer Degen (IOD) sword.  Regulations allowed this continued wear of Imperial swords.  

thanks! 

7 hours ago, Preppy Picker said:

I love that photo with the PanzerKnacker, it’s his whole look right down to the shade over his eyes. The NCO next to him is wearing Y straps. What kind are they? 

they look like the standard issue Y straps. The PK has the same set. looks like they are using them for the map case to hang from

6 hours ago, Proud Kraut said:

Post No. 24, last picture: Insignia on the Panzerjaeger I looks like the one of 2nd InfDiv or 61st InfDiv. Great photos, thanks for sharing your collection!

Glad you are enjoying! Thanks for the possible ID. I looked on WWIIdaybyday but didn't see one that matched. 

Going to post some scans from my large negative grouping to a Obrgrff. Behm who was in a flak unit. 

Nice shot of his quarters 

img063.jpg

Showing off the newly awarded KVKIIs. Per The author Mr Scott Revell the officer was KIA during the battle at Arnhem. 

img064.jpg

Post the battles in 1940 on the Western Front. 3 graves of english soldiers 

img065.jpg

Preppy Picker

The suspenders don’t have any sign of the rivets that attach the leather suspension straps as seen in the combat suspenders. We used to refer to them as Luftwaffe suspenders.

A captured British barrage balloon truck with bat insignia. 

img066.jpg

5 minutes ago, Preppy Picker said:

The suspenders don’t have any sign of the rivets that attach the leather suspension straps as seen in the combat suspenders. We used to refer to them as Luftwaffe suspenders.

ahhh, ok. I see what you mean. Gear is not my forte. 

a barrage balloon, either being inflated or deflated. 

img067.jpg

Im sorry got this one and the LkW mixed up. This is the captured British Barrage balloon truck the other appears to be possibly for transporting deflated balloons. 

img068.jpg

A couple more scans from the Luftwaffe Negative grouping. Fist up is the SS Bremen in N. Atlantic dazzle paint scheme. 

img069.jpg

this is a nice scan of the Bismarck. 

img070.jpg

8 hours ago, Jack the Collector said:

Ok you got me....I had to put my bib on!That shot of the Bismark is fantastic.

You should have seen my face when I went thru this grouping 15 years ago and saw that negative. 

• 2 weeks later...

some scans from another negative grouping in the collection. 

img073.jpg

A bored looking fellow. 

img075.jpg

this is an odd one. Are they wearing captured visors and a Cezch Mauser? 

img076.jpg

possibly getting ready to entrain 

img077.jpg

another

img078.jpg

last one.. Notice the adler placement. If that summer uniform popped up for sale just think of the boos it would receive 

img079.jpg

i lied. this is the last one for today. I absolutely love this image. 

img080.jpg

Proud Kraut

Another outstanding series of pictures, thanks for sharing! Are these crossed sabers and a captured (French or Polish?) helmet at the grill of the trucks far right?

Lkw1.jpg

R Michael
4 hours ago, Proud Kraut said:

Another outstanding series of pictures, thanks for sharing! Are these crossed sabers and a captured (French or Polish?) helmet at the grill of the trucks far right?

Lkw1.jpg

Nice catch! That’s way cool.  Not sure about the helmet. Thanks for the good words and glad you’re enjoying

R Michael

here are some scans from a luftwaffe unit on the eastern front. For the U-boat guys out there here is one for you 

img081.jpg

img081-1.jpg

img082.jpg

img083.jpg

img083-1.jpg

Preppy Picker

Interesting that they built a fence around the T-34 and nonchalantly left a live round just sitting there.

R Michael

thought id share some scans from an album that has mainly Norwegian content. There is one outlier that has Italian Officers at some type of formal dinner. 

Enjoy

img084.jpg

img084-1.jpg

img084-2.jpg

img085.jpg

img086.jpg

img087.jpg

Wonderful photos! Thanks for sharing.  In post #11 the photo of the group standing by the train has been reversed. I saw the eagles on the wrong side of their tunics, then noticed the writing on the train.  Keep them coming, fun to look at.

Proud Kraut

Last post, 2nd picture was most probably taken at the Jossingfjord in Norway. Writing on the sign far left looks like it is dealing with what was called the "Altmark Incident" in 1940. Awesome photos.

R Michael

here are a few from another Luftwaffe album, this one set in Russland. The first scan is a portrait of the owner of the album. the photos after the scan of the notations are from the same album page.  Enjoy

img089.jpg

img090.jpg

img091.jpg

img091-2.jpg

img091-3.jpg

Proud Kraut

Second picture: Kreis Frankenstein was an east German Prussian district in Silesia, today Poland.

Writing on the back of the photo is: "Einsatzfahrt bei Kesselschlacht südl. Charkow 22.05. - 28.05.42" - Movement during encirclement battle south of Charkov May, 22nd - May, 28th 1942.

Great pictures!

R Michael
21 hours ago, Proud Kraut said:

Second picture: Kreis Frankenstein was an east German Prussian district in Silesia, today Poland.

Writing on the back of the photo is: "Einsatzfahrt bei Kesselschlacht südl. Charkow 22.05. - 28.05.42" - Movement during encirclement battle south of Charkov May, 22nd - May, 28th 1942.

Great pictures!

ty sir! 

these two photos were taken in Rostov and I sure would like to know the story behind them. 

img092.jpg

img092-1.jpg

here is another page from the same album. First image is the descriptor for the images. 

img093.jpg

img093.4.jpg

img093-2.jpg

img093-3.jpg

Proud Kraut

First pictures: Looks like the vehicles were destroyed by a blast on their left side.

Are these the remains of a Stormovik fighter plane in the second last picture?

Description is: "II. Fahrt durch den Kaukasus" (2nd ride through the caucasus). It seems the Horch, depicted in the last 3 pictures was their vehicle.

R Michael
3 hours ago, Proud Kraut said:

First pictures: Looks like the vehicles were destroyed by a blast on their left side.

Are these the remains of a Stormovik fighter plane in the second last picture?

Description is: "II. Fahrt durch den Kaukasus" (2nd ride through the caucasus). It seems the Horch, depicted in the last 3 pictures was their vehicle.

Yes it is a Sturmovik. Been picked over a bit by the looks of it. 

2 hours ago, Jack the Collector said:

Pardon my word play...that plane photo is the bomb!

It is! Hahaha.