Eye Candy from an Old Family Friends MEGA Collection

Tom Kibler

Many of you have seen these photos I posted elsewhere.  This is a portion of a very large collection that was gathered from post WWI thru about 1955.  Many of the photos are dated to the early 1960s.  There is a LOT of eye candy.  I hope you all enjoy these, if you've never seen them before.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Here is more...

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

And still more...

IMG_4314.jpg

IMG_4315.jpg

IMG_4316.jpg

IMG_4317.jpg

IMG_4318.jpg

IMG_4319.jpg

IMG_4320.jpg

IMG_4322.jpg

IMG_4323.jpg

IMG_4324.jpg

IMG_4325.jpg

IMG_4326.jpg

IMG_4327.jpg

IMG_4328.jpg

IMG_4329.jpg

IMG_4330.jpg

IMG_4331.jpg

IMG_4332.jpg

IMG_4333.jpg

IMG_4334.jpg

IMG_4335.jpg

IMG_4337.jpg

I apologize for duplicate photos.  He served as a Marine in WWI.  His collection was well known by the government and the draft board at the onset of WWII.  He was drafted and tasked with developing nomenclature for captured weapons.  He did comparison shooting, rate of fire, etc.

This was also in his collection.....

10.jpg

Salvage Sailor

An amazingly complete contemporary collection of small arms and infantry weapons.  Nice to see the 'new' M1 carbine and 1943 Axis weapons.

• 5 months later...

An incredible collection, of state of art weapons at the time of his collection ~ if those dates are when the photographs were taken.

The context changes somewhat, as this would be the equivalent of having the latest issue Chinese or Russian weapons, in your home collection.

Weapons unavailable in any store or surplus catalogue.

Pretty darned cool.

• 9 months later...
johnsonlmg41

Nice,

I have most of that and then some.  They were literally giving some of that stuff away after WW2.  Getting it in the last 20 years has been quite a project.

The potato digger with what appears to be a Maxim belt is very interesting.  They did make them for the Russians in 7.62x54r if I recall?  Difficult to tell if that's what ammo it is?  Or if the belt spacing works in the digger?   The photos are indeed very interesting.   I'd be curious to know what collection it was, as all the info is redacted?

A number of the descriptions are not how we generally refer to the model of the guns today which is also fascinating.

• 3 weeks later...

The gentleman in the sunglasses, holding the M1 Carbine, was a WWI US Marine, who saw service in France.  After the war, he literally gained a reputation for collecting many of the WWI era weaponry.  He was drafted by the US Army in WWII for the specific purpose of developing the nomenclature and comparisons with and to the US weapons.  As I recall, he relayed that dump trucks poured out weapons upon his yard and he took them out to produce the reports the military was after.  His agreement was that he got to keep whatever he wanted.  It was a deal.  His collection was legendary in the 1950's and 1960's.  The FFA of 1968 caused him to sell everything... to the highest bidder, which was Uncle Sam.  I have the entire photo album of his collection and works.  He was a family friend....  And believe it or not, the military DID DROP OFF the German Nerbelwafer.  That a color picture he took in 1944-45.

so cool! what a great collection and really good photos for the time as well.

There used to be a Nebelwerfer here in WI, as a cabin decorator on an old lake road. When I got old enough to go myself to ask about it, it was gone...