Bring back Jinsen T-99

mvmhm

This walked rifle walked in the door yesterday morning - we'd previously received the sailor's uniform and a ton of doco, but the son wanted to hang on to the rifle for a bit, so I was surprised when he showed up with it and his father's photos. His dad served aboard the USS Ringness and came aboard shortly after they had helped rescue some of the USS Indianapolis' survivors - including Captain McVay.  The Ringness then went to Okinawa, followed by beng sent to Jinsen. After that they wetn to Tsingtao, China, which is where the majority of his photos are from.

The son doesn't recall when the buttplate was replaced. There's what I believe is a double circle / school mark on the receiver above the Mum, which has only been cross cut. Other than those issues (and no sling over course), the rife doesn't look like it was ever taken out of the rack. 

The map is in his scrapbook...

Let me know your thoughts!

IMG_20220326_112733.jpg

IMG_20220326_113627.jpg

IMG_20220326_113746.jpg

IMG_20220326_113754.jpg

IMG_20220326_114148.jpg

Hard to say from these photos but finish on stock doesn’t look original. Butt plate looks correct and original. Circle stamp is one of Jinsen arsenals proof marks