Help with Russian patch…?

Digi-Shots

Hope someone can help identify this patch… its not in great shape and the red is coming off (might be wool and the moths or dampness got to it)

I was told it was a vintage KGB patch.  I’ve seen some online that are supposed to be vintage but they look brand new.

thanks!

F3EBE4B4-FDD0-4FCE-B6DF-7B73C3F3FD49.jpeg

I always thought red patches were for Motorized Infantry.

KGB patches were a darker blue and KGB Border Guard was a green color.  MVD used a maroon color.

• 6 months later...

This is actually an infantry/motor rifle infantryman's sleeve patch. The red felt is rubbing off to reveal a blue backing, hence the confusion to this being a KGB patch. It isn't, it's definitely an infantry/motor rifle infantryman's sleeve patch. It's come off what is known as a DEMBEL uniform which is basically a recruit's uniform who has finished his two years service and as was customary in the Soviet army, allowed to decorate it flamboyantly for their passing out parade. All manner of attire was attached to the uniform such as lanyards, badges and white or gold trim to make it looks more impressive. The gold braid around the edges of the patch was not official uniform issue and could only have been worn as part of a DEMBEL uniform.