Help identify and translate this patch?

Digi-Shots

Could you some help on this small patch... has this writing on back side.. measures about 2”x4”.

It reminds me of name tape used on WWII era Chinese name tags.

Has running tiger on the front side.

Thanks!

D4659B2B-545A-4EE9-AF8D-DD0C21E49DDB.jpeg

I have another stamping that I’d like help with… it’s stamped on the side of a German Mauser Broomhandle pistol, probably used by the Chinese in the late 1930’s.  I was told the translation was something like “fourth group”… could this actually be the “New Fourth Army” ?

The very last stamping on the right I believe is an Arsenal mark.

Thanks again!

E68BDCBD-0266-44F5-B8E7-C86E3A1B5CC1.jpeg

65224977-C974-461C-93D6-75486747D7AE.png

I’ve had some help with the translation but still don’t know who may have used the patch or how it was used.  The characters are “traditional” - meaning old style, used WWII era and prior.

The patch appears to be preprinted in blue ink with a sketch of a tiger with a border around it and No._____ .  The characters are hand inked in black.

The front shows the Anglo name, “LAKE”  - an advisor?  technician??  The two Chinese characters to the right might be his name in Chinese (??)

The back of the patch has two characters on the first line meaning:  dragon,  teacher/learning/division.

The bottom line:  tiger,  group/regiment,  horse,  connection/company 

Thanks for looking and any thoughts or comments you have.

Traditional Chinese writing is still used today in Taiwan, Hong Kong, some in Singapore, and the Chinese community in the US (that is not mainland China). A side comment, but I am surprised this forum doesn't have the ROC flag since most of the topics in this forum is the ROC lol.

The patch doesn't look to be military or at least standardized to ROC Army regulations. I can understand if it is a bit off in some places, but it doesn't even match close to name patch. I will ask around and see what other possibilities this patch can be... 

I believe this is the current ROC, Republic of China flag and represents the area in BLUE below which includes Taiwan.

D202D365-BC75-4A6D-968F-DCAE65434E83.webp

F69A9178-EA8B-4AEC-80C0-31966077F4D6.png