Can anyone identify the marks on this blade?

Preppy Picker

These property markings are for the "Deutsche Reichs Post" on your KS98 bayonet.  These sidearms were for wear by the German Postal Police and are fairly scarce.  Who is the maker?  

Yes, this the proper long oval marking for Weyersberg.  These DRP KS98 were also made by Alcoso.  The service issue S84/98 for the Reichspost were also made by Weyersberg.  

Preppy Picker,

The bayonet marking (PRP) you show is strangely marked.  The block letter "DRP" marking that Gewar shows is the normal marking for these Postschutz KS98 bayonets.  I don't know what the bayonet marking that you show might represent but it is not the normal Reichspost marking.

Preppy Picker
1 hour ago, SARGE said:

Preppy Picker,

The bayonet marking (PRP) you show is strangely marked.  The block letter "DRP" marking that Gewar shows is the normal marking for these Postschutz KS98 bayonets.  I don't know what the bayonet marking that you show might represent but it is not the normal Reichspost marking.

Thank you

Prep

• 6 months later...
Preppy Picker
19 hours ago, waffenleite said:

DRP should all be struck together as in Gwar's post, not individually.  In this case I would be very suspect of the "PRD" marking.

This ship sailed without me back in March but thank you for your observations.