Poland 1939

trixie123

I decided to try a diorama ! 
it’s a work in process . Used multiple kits Cossacks , French , German  1st let me say I’m not very good at painting faces and the swords from the Cossack set were all broken in the kits ! I converted the Cossacks with French torsos helmets German equipment.  I all started with a eBay item I though was cool but refused to pay $60 + for 4 figures ! So I made my own ! Still working on Germans !

F284B05F-F0D3-46F2-937E-07518BFF58E2.png

321B5695-4959-4F8A-BE05-50F20C3DBEE5.png

600C18D0-0F62-43D9-BCFC-BEBB34752BC9.jpeg

A2CF7235-A8C9-44FC-B96A-4B916BE7997E.jpeg

BC14F0D3-2C5C-4413-AEB7-4079C2FBE010.jpeg

CB5F554A-8C3C-4EA4-A1D4-E8939E3A0256.jpeg

3DBA2A32-F9C1-4972-8BCF-F132F7D52CFC.jpeg

6965CAF1-BA6B-4A3A-B890-FC2A3C259C45.jpeg

CA451BA1-12A2-4C90-BB41-E7BB96199C0F.jpeg

4D4627BA-DF24-48A7-9BD2-DE65F72AA091.jpeg

BDD4E4AA-6BE6-4F60-9887-E1CAA33CB86D.jpeg

BDCF64B7-5D83-42B0-BAF6-5AF126460077.jpeg

79352133-4F3A-4F26-96FF-55D98CA367F5.jpeg

61FBCCDE-7C4A-4335-8FDA-F3CB521E8BEE.jpeg

26F9AA3D-1308-410F-ABF1-9E5FFB072485.jpeg

Proud Kraut

This is not your first diorama, isn´t it?

Excellent work so far. I like the subject (Cavalry vs. Armor) and the way you realized it. A very dynamic display. Base, tank and especially your Cavalrymen and their horses are awesome. Thanks very much for sharing these pictures and please post more pictures of your WIP and of the finished dio!

4 hours ago, Proud Kraut said:

This is not your first diorama, isn´t it?

Excellent work so far. I like the subject (Cavalry vs. Armor) and the way you realized it. A very dynamic display. Base, tank and especially your Cavalrymen and their horses are awesome. Thanks very much for sharing these pictures and please post more pictures of your WIP and of the finished dio!

Thanks I really like the Calvary charge theme ! Just need to get better at painting the figures ! 

ArtyScout

Wow; the more pictures I see, the more I like this diorama. This is coming along great. The figures look pretty good and as for weathering tanks, I like using either oil or acrylic washes and pastels. For the figures I like using a darker wash of the uniform color to show off the shadows then highlight/drybrush with a lighter color for the high points of the uniform. If you go to the US Militaria Forum you will find a tutorial on how "Old Marine" paints figures. That might be a big help for you. But again this diorama is coming along great.

Semper Fi.

Manny

Proud Kraut

I second what Manny has posted. The most important thing when painting figures I have learned is don´t use any white when painting the eyes (to avoid eyes wide as saucers - right term?). Just very small black dots. Once again, you did a great job with this dio, well done!

Trixie

Excellent work! The more I look at the pictures the more there is to see. Thank you for sharing

Tony

Proud Kraut
15 hours ago, ArtyScout said:

I like how you did the flames coming from the turret. 

Semper Fi.

Manny

Me too! How did you do that, especially the lower yellow part?

trixie123
3 hours ago, Proud Kraut said:

Me too! How did you do that, especially the lower yellow part?

I used poly fiber ripped and superglued to a battery operated light slide inside turret ! 
spray painted poly fiber black . Took light apart just keeping inside light.

89DFFBE5-7E4C-416A-87E3-68A7E53D1390.jpeg

CBEA213E-9828-485B-8E9A-D5B35F519987.jpeg

Here is almost complete diorama ! Might re do road sign and have a few rifles to do for the wounded German etc.

No sure why images are up side down ?

b2.jpeg

b3.jpeg

b4.jpeg

b5.jpeg

Proud Kraut

This is a fantastic effect, the tank really looks burning, well done! (I turned the pictures for you)

Old Marine

This is a very creative and well done diorama.  You picked a very interesting subject and the conversions of the Cossack figures is terrific.  The diorama has a great compositions and a lot of action.  The flames in the tank is another great touch. That’s a great piece of work thanks for posting it.

I really like those Zveda Cossack figures and horses.  I think those figures get over looked and underrated by a lot of modelers.  Great work.

23 hours ago, Old Marine said:

This is a very creative and well done diorama.  You picked a very interesting subject and the conversions of the Cossack figures is terrific.  The diorama has a great compositions and a lot of action.  The flames in the tank is another great touch. That’s a great piece of work thanks for posting it.

I really like those Zveda Cossack figures and horses.  I think those figures get over looked and underrated by a lot of modelers.  Great work.

Thanks ! I like the Cossack figures ! Already trying to figure another conversion but not sure what ?

• 1 year later...

Through this whole post, no one asked about the  Pz. II. I figure it to be the Pz. II C/D. Since it has the larger road wheels of those models. Is this Pz. II from Zvesda?

Semper Fi.

Manny

trixie123
On 12/30/2023 at 4:46 PM, ArtyScout said:

Through this whole post, no one asked about the  Pz. II. I figure it to be the Pz. II C/D. Since it has the larger road wheels of those models. Is this Pz. II from Zvesda?

Semper Fi.

Manny

I think it was an ICM kit