Richard baer and karl hoeker photo

Eli

Hello. I'm new to the forum.  I have recently acquired a photo from a dealer in Poland.  I know this photo is in the HOEKER ALBUM. I was curious about its authentication and if there is anyone on the forum who could add some insight. 

20220426_101349.jpg

Jack the Collector

Here is my 2 cents,I am suspicious of it irregardless of who you bought it from,I am basing this on the image you have provided. The first thing that struck me was the stains,I would expect to see it on the photo not just around the edges.Then there appears to be heavy wear on the right side but not the left?Last this photo looks to much like a copy of a copy NOT a copy from a negative.Which leads me to say that it could be a copy from the Russian archives that the Russians made post war. JMO

1 hour ago, Jack the Collector said:

Here is my 2 cents,I am suspicious of it irregardless of who you bought it from,I am basing this on the image you have provided. The first thing that struck me was the stains,I would expect to see it on the photo not just around the edges.Then there appears to be heavy wear on the right side but not the left?Last this photo looks to much like a copy of a copy NOT a copy from a negative.Which leads me to say that it could be a copy from the Russian archives that the Russians made post war. JMO

x 2 !

Rakkasan187

I agree with Jack and Gwar..

I would try to steam this to see if the glue or whatever adhesive is on the back lifts so the back can be exposed..

I'm not a fan of this either. Very easy to stain an image with coffee, tea or other agents to artificially age something..

Best regards

Leigh 

Preppy Picker

When you look at the photo under magnification do you see any kind if a pattern? It looks like a copy of a photograph. Can you post some close ups?

17 hours ago, Preppy Picker said:

When you look at the photo under magnification do you see any kind if a pattern? It looks like a copy of a photograph. Can you post some close ups?

I'll take some close ups this weekend and share them.