RCOC Colonel's Tunic (1952)

itemco16527

itemco16527

I used to own this Royal Canadian Ordnance Corps Colonel's tunic many years ago, but had to sell it due to needing to liquidate most of my collection around 2012 or so. A couple of months back, I was browsing eBay and much to my amazement, it was up for sale. Obviously, I needed to get it back, and it is now back in my collection. Unfortunately, it isn't named, so I'll never know if they were a Member or an Officer of the Order of the British Empire.

Note: when I first purchased it, the rank insignia, RCOC titles, and lanyard were missing so I started to restore it. I had gotten the pips and RCOC titles, but couldn't find the right crowns to fit the wholes in the shoulder straps. I also didn't know the RCOC wore a lanyard. I was pleased to see that the person I re-bought it from had completed the restoration by replacing the crowns and lanyard. However, the crowns are wrong. It has King's crowns, when it should have Queen's crowns. I'll try to fix this problem as soon as I can find a pair that will fit the holes in the straps. For now, I'm content to have this tunic back in my collection. I was always bummed out that I had sold it.

DSCF8580.JPG

DSCF8584.JPG

DSCF8585.JPG

DSCF8586.JPG

DSCF8588.JPG

DSCF8592.JPG