panzer tank assault badge in silver

donnol

i had this for thirty years purchased it at a military medals show it was bright and shinny with luster when i bought it the dealer told me he had buff it up a little. over the years it turned sluggish grey, i still dont know if this is a authentic piece? thanks for looking

008.JPG

009.JPG

010.JPG

011.JPG

012.JPG

014.JPG

013.JPG

015.JPG

Without double checking the book, I'd think its good. the finish is what is known as "Zinc pest" and is an type of non-reversible oxidation, what you have to watch out for is that it can be contagious to other badges.

thats maybe why it wont clean off okay now i know

16 minutes ago, donnol said:

thats maybe why it wont clean off okay now i know

thanks

I have read, that if you wash it with soapy water and an old soft toothbrush it should remove the zinc pest, carefully dry off and add a little Vaseline or Ren Wax to the area of the badge to seal it from the air.

• 10 months later...

Your badge is a decently done reproduction of the Hermann Aurich (HA) Panzer Assault Badge.  Hermann Aurich used a unique hinge that is completely different from the one on this reproduction.

• 3 weeks later...

Here are images of an original  "HA"  Panzer Assault Badge, in this case, Bronze.  Note the unique hinge.

PAB HA Boxed.jpg

PAB HA back.jpg