The Polish Army Salute.

patches

And by George I knew I seen this before, yes long time ago, it just dawned on me.

In the movie The Eagle Has Landed, one of the German Paratroopers dressed up as the Polish Paras for the mission  gives it, I think he's saluting Michael Caine (Oberst Kurt Steiner) as they are getting  ready, getting set, to leave Germany and fly to England right.

TEHLSten3.jpg

• 1 month later...
Dune Panther
On 7/9/2022 at 10:17 PM, vostoktrading said:

Still do.

r5o9duod20h21.webp

Those almost look like an edelweiss (the golden insignia backed by red on the sides of their berets). Wonder if that is what they are, Polish mountain troopers (if there is such a thing)?

23 hours ago, Dune Panther said:

Those almost look like an edelweiss (the golden insignia backed by red on the sides of their berets). Wonder if that is what they are, Polish mountain troopers (if there is such a thing)?

Yes indeed, since 1918, in WWII in example  they had a unit formed  that escaped to France and fought in Norway.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Podhale_Rifles

vostoktrading

The Eagle Has Landed is a cool movie. It has some big name actors. I believe it came out in 1976 or 1977. I remember I was in high school at the time. Micheal Caine and Donald Sutherland were especially good in their rolls.

IMG_2635.JPG

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...