Help- How were WWI Italian medals mounted?

CDWells

A couple years ago, I came into possession of one of the medals the city of Genoa presented to the soldiers of a particular group of soldiers from the 332nd Regiment of the US Army. It is just the medallion at this point, but I would like to remount it as best I can. (I can just about guess how a medal presented to a regiment that was mostly from Ohio ended up in a junk bin at an Indiana flea market.)

This requires two things

A. A piece of suitable ribbon. I think I know the pattern, but what was the "usual" length and width.

B. Knowledge of how the ribbon would have been fastened, both on the medal and to a uniform. It may require sourcing hardware too.

I'm not having much luck finding info. There were only 100 or so of the bronze ones made up, so that's not a surprise. I did find this photo of a medal with what was probably its original ribbon in place.

There's an Italian medal that still sports a similar or possibly identical ribbon, if the width is the same. There's an Omani one as well. It was probably originally silk, but I really don't know. That was the norm back then, I think. Anyone want to wade in on my project?

R.png

Their Full Sized Medal Ribbons appear to be looped with no pin plates like ours, we guees the looped ribbon was slid along a ribbon mount and worn that way.

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600.jpg