Father's Day Tribute

Tom Kibler

Many of you that know me or have seen me on the forum for nearly 20 years, have read my posts about my father. He began collecting in 1942. In the late 1960's through the 1990's, I was often with my dad at auctions, flea markets but mostly, visiting veterans homes. He taught me most of what I know about what was... I was able to handle the REAL stuff, literally from the hands of the vets and their foot lockers. 

While doing another project, I came across some photos of my father's den. I believe this was in or about 1983-1984. There's lots to see. This is the best I could do scanning in the old polaroid photos. There may be some photos that were older that are mixed in... but you get the idea.

So as a Father's Day tribute, Here's to you, Dad! I miss you!

Collecting 1.jpeg

Collecting 2.jpeg

Collecting 3.jpeg

Collecting 4.jpeg

Collecting 5.jpeg

Collecting 6.jpeg

Collecting.jpeg

Dad with Rifles on Wall 1962.jpg

IMG_9746.jpeg

Your father collected some very interesting items.  Quite a range of goodies.  It must have been great fun attending shows and visiting veterans with your dad.  I see how you got into collecting.

Happy Father's Day to all!

Carrabassett

Thanks for sharing these photos, great stuff! Every collector’s dream den!! Very nice and Happy Father’s Day as well.