Early SAS and British Parachute Regiment insignia finds

Tonomachi

I picked up this grouping for $70.00 (10.00 apiece) at the Fairplex Show in Pomona, California yesterday as the seller didn't realize what he was selling.  The British Parachute Regiment early curved airborne title, Pegasus shoulder sleeve patch, paratrooper wing and beret badge are of WW2 vintage or just after.   The SAS paratrooper wing is 1950s era worn during the Malayan Emergency when they brought back the SAS.  The Parachute Regiment title is post war and what I thought was a British Glider Regiment pilot wing is a post 1957 (Queen's Crown) Royal Army Pilot wing.  

DSCF2781.JPG

DSCF2782.JPG

• 6 months later...

Hi Tonomachi

Late to the party.

The Parachute Regiment title is 1949 when they changed over from the blue variant.

The Airborne cloth title is WWII.

The Queens crown came into use 1953,however the Army badge came into use 1955, the one shown looks later .

The metal wing is controversial, note the risers go up halfway on the left had side.

There are 2 camps one that say it is not WWII because there is no proof it was worn and the other side it is right as rain and is sort after and more expensive.

I leave the argument up to them but I like it as WWII.

The pick of the bunch is the SAS wing.

cheers

Phill

Parachute Wing Parachute Regt-18.jpg

15 hours ago, phillock said:

Hi Tonomachi

Late to the party.

The Parachute Regiment title is 1949 when they changed over from the blue variant.

The Airborne cloth title is WWII.

The Queens crown came into use 1953,however the Army badge came into use 1955, the one shown looks later .

The metal wing is controversial, note the risers go up halfway on the left had side.

There are 2 camps one that say it is not WWII because there is no proof it was worn and the other side it is right as rain and is sort after and more expensive.

I leave the argument up to them but I like it as WWII.

The pick of the bunch is the SAS wing.

cheers

Phill

Parachute Wing Parachute Regt-18.jpg

Many thanks for this input.