Custom Made German Camouflage Uniforms

patches

Fantastic blurred edge set!  Just out of curiosity, what makes you say Heer?  He "might" be Herman Goring Dv??  I know they were privy to stocks of SS camo.

It probably is. Difficult to see any Adler. I cannot tell but I do believe you are correct with the cockade being Heer & not Luftwaffe…,

• 5 months later...

Lets add some more custom made, or what look like custom made Camouflage Uniforms.

A Paratroper in a custom made Splinter Jacket, not sure where portrait taken.

fj.jpg

An SS-Oberscharführer Josef Spöck, a German in I think the Finnish  Freiwillge Battalion. He seems to be wearing a customized modified Smock that have two  internally hung pockets with pocket flaps no?

SS-Oberscharführer Josef Spöck.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I love seeing these privately made camo outfits in period wear.  But if we saw one of these on a table at a show we would be leery of them.  I know I would.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The first image clearly shows an Army Panzer Officer,  Patches is correct - note the 2 skull collar tabs and the peaked hat with the Army wreath.

His jacket looks to be the M44 Camouflaged Drill Jacket for Tank Crews, primarily worn by Waffen-SS tank crews, which came mostly in late-war pea pattern camouflage, although any remaining stocks of earlier camouflage material may have been utilized on a limited basis.

Hard to distinguish the exact camouflage type in this black-and-white photo; it may indeed be "blurred edge" as Tom Kibler pointed out or it could be an "oak leaf" pattern. The pants do look to match up with the jacket.  How a Heer Panzer Officer came to be wearing this Waffen-SS uniform with Heer insignia will probably remain a mystery.

4 hours ago, Lanyard said:

The first image clearly shows an Army Panzer Officer,  Patches is correct - note the 2 skull collar tabs and the peaked hat with the Army wreath.

His jacket looks to be the M44 Camouflaged Drill Jacket for Tank Crews, primarily worn by Waffen-SS tank crews, which came mostly in late-war pea pattern camouflage, although any remaining stocks of earlier camouflage material may have been utilized on a limited basis.

Hard to distinguish the exact camouflage type in this black-and-white photo; it may indeed be "blurred edge" as Tom Kibler pointed out or it could be an "oak leaf" pattern. The pants do look to match up with the jacket.  How a Heer Panzer Officer came to be wearing this Waffen-SS uniform with Heer insignia will probably remain a mystery.

If you will also note that the jacket is cut to the Army pattern with wide collar and lapels, which makes it all the more interesting.

• 1 month later...

Here's one, a custom made jacket made from SS Camouflage material worn by Herr Officer Colonel Adelbert Schulz, commander of the 25th Panzer Regiment 7th Panzer Division Kursk July 43. Jacket we see is kinda short, pockets on the chest kinda small and has matching external pleated pocket on the bottom. Later he is a Major General and is given command of the division and is gef In January 1943.

aldelbert schultz.PNG

aldelbert schultzz.PNG

aldelbert schultzzz.PNG

On 9/7/2023 at 10:32 PM, patches said:

Here's one, a custom made jacket made from SS Camouflage material worn by Herr Officer Colonel Adelbert Schulz, commander of the 25th Panzer Regiment 7th Panzer Division Kursk July 43. Jacket we see is kinda short, pockets on the chest kinda small and has matching external pleated pocket on the bottom. Later he is a Major General and is given command of the division and is gef In January 1943.

aldelbert schultz.PNG

aldelbert schultzz.PNG

aldelbert schultzzz.PNG

What a spectacular photo! I would love to have both those uniforms in my collection. I bet the jacket is short so he can easily get into his pockets. You can see that he uses it often.

At the very least a Modified Truncated 4 Pocket Camo Tunic, looks to have a lower pocket flap with 2 Buttons on the right-his left?. An unidentified SS Hauptscharführer RKT who in fact is an  SS-Standartenoberjunker by virtue of the wearing of the Officer's Belt and silver Piped Cap, though he's not wearing the Double Tresse on his Shoulder Straps. Hard to make out the Badge he's got, that Horseman Badge  Das Deutsche Reitterabzeichen???

camo.PNG.dd1aa268b67e4aba203581311981b7b6.PNGCamojaa.PNG.6e820e404ea46d9ea207c77e4e815214.PNG

• 1 month later...

I can't make out the badge on the W-SS guy either.  Perhaps an Infantry Assault badge?  

On 9/16/2023 at 6:37 AM, patches said:

At the very least a Modified Truncated 4 Pocket Camo Tunic, looks to have a lower pocket flap with 2 Buttons on the right-his left?. An unidentified SS Hauptscharführer RKT who in fact is an  SS-Standartenoberjunker by virtue of the wearing of the Officer's Belt and silver Piped Cap, though he's not wearing the Double Tresse on his Shoulder Straps. Hard to make out the Badge he's got, that Horseman Badge  Das Deutsche Reitterabzeichen???

camo.PNG.dd1aa268b67e4aba203581311981b7b6.PNGCamojaa.PNG.6e820e404ea46d9ea207c77e4e815214.PNG

I'm pretty sure this is Gerard Mooyman, the first Dutch and non-German to be awarded with the Knight's Cross. Plenty of other pics of him in uniform, but none where he wears a badge that could be this one.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's one, for a Gebirgsjäger, I suspect this was made in Italy, as jacket has the characteristics of the Sahariana Jacket. The looks original, but Waffenfarbe on the straps don't seem to be for the Gebirgsjäger, look more like , the old Schützen/ Panzergrenadier Waffenfarbe. So two things are in play, 1. It is one worn by a Panzergrenadier of one of the many Panzergrenadier Regiments in Italy with the Edelweiss being added years and years and years later by someone not in the know 2. It is one worn by a Gebirgsjäger, who made due with Shoulder Straps that were available, in this  case the Panzergrenadier ones for whatever reason.

m43w.PNG

m43.PNG

m43p.PNG

m43o.PNG

23 hours ago, patches said:

Here's one, for a Gebirgsjäger, I suspect this was made in Italy, as jacket has the characteristics of the Sahariana Jacket. The looks original, but Waffenfarbe on the straps don't seem to be for the Gebirgsjäger, look more like , the old Schützen/ Panzergrenadier Waffenfarbe. So two things are in play, 1. It is one worn by a Panzergrenadier of one of the many Panzergrenadier Regiments in Italy with the Edelweiss being added years and years and years later by someone not in the know 2. It is one worn by a Gebirgsjäger, who made due with Shoulder Straps that were available, in this  case the Panzergrenadier ones for whatever reason.

m43w.PNG

m43.PNG

m43p.PNG

m43o.PNG

Here's the true color  Waffenfarbe for Mountain Troops, Light Infantry/Jaeger, that kind of Dark Green color,which is oddly called "Light Green" not as we see here on jacket, a Light Green. an unissued bundle, early war the Bottle Green Shoulder Strap.

gebirds.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice Camo again on a Paratrooper, interesting addition of either  Krim or Kuban Shield interesting in that no Fallschrimjaeger division fought there. If for the Krim Shield, the 7th Air Division was in Russia back then in 1941-42, but they were up north in and around Leningrad,  if for the Kuban Schield, the 2nd Parachute Division  was in Russia, but after the Kuban Bridgehead folds.

camo.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A Customized Luftwaffe Jump Smock, Truncated to the waist, also added his NCO Shoulder Straps too,  Normandy I think.

custum caut jump smock.png

• 3 weeks later...

In Italy unit and date unknown. It looks similar to the one being worn by the Paratrooper, but in this case Army. We're seeing a bit of White on the right sleeve, maybe it is a Tank Destruction Badge.

custom madeq.PNG