TR collages

shemp h.

Hi Guys, here are two of my TR collages that I made when I was playing around trying to sharpen my photo taking skills with my phone ;).Thanx for looking.

Bill

IMG_20220611_132752.jpg

IMG_20220611_133052.jpg

Bill 

Very nice indeed, I could use lessons in photo myself.   Well done and thank you for sharing

Tony

Dune Panther

That red background is striking and really makes the items displayed on it "pop" with a greater intensity. Something else I have been meaning to try (but have not done yet) is to use a map as a display background. 

Great job! 

Dune Panther
On 6/24/2022 at 3:45 PM, shemp h. said:

Thank you Guys,Panther that sounds like a really good idea, I don't remember ever seeing that done.

I must have seen it done someplace else first but no longer recall where for sure (probably a book dust jacket). I tried it with some WWII US silk escape maps for the ETO (with USAAF insignia & uniform items appropriate to the maps displayed on them) and recall they came out pretty well when photographed. Unfortunately I no longer have those photos, and this was long before the advent of personal computers and digitizing everything.

If I was going to try something like that again though, there are so many more options now. For instance, I have come across web sites (while doing research) that allow one to print out selected period Wehrmacht maps in color. Not my interest so I did not save those locations but I know they are out there. Something like that could be used as a backdrop, as can original maps that are easier to find nowadays given the ever expanding global marketplace. Another backdrop for TR items are flags, such as a NS party flag. That works pretty well, too.    

14 hours ago, Dune Panther said:

I must have seen it done someplace else first but no longer recall where for sure (probably a book dust jacket). I tried it with some WWII US silk escape maps for the ETO (with USAAF insignia & uniform items appropriate to the maps displayed on them) and recall they came out pretty well when photographed. Unfortunately I no longer have those photos, and this was long before the advent of personal computers and digitizing everything.

If I was going to try something like that again though, there are so many more options now. For instance, I have come across web sites (while doing research) that allow one to print out selected period Wehrmacht maps in color. Not my interest so I did not save those locations but I know they are out there. Something like that could be used as a backdrop, as can original maps that are easier to find nowadays given the ever expanding global marketplace. Another backdrop for TR items are flags, such as a NS party flag. That works pretty well, too.    

Thank you PK,yeah I've seen a TR flag used quite often and it looks really good.  

These collages are fun to put together.  Sometimes they simply have to be related items like the Heer Infantry grouping or Luftwaffe Flak groupings above.  They just need some kind of thread to hold them together.  

Here is one that I put together relating several items to the West German Rheinland-Pfalz Polizei that I used in a post.

Show us yours.

RP PP on uniforms.JPG

RP PP on unif close.JPG

RP PP on patches.JPG