Formation Signs in Movies and T.V.

9 hours ago, Proud Kraut said:

Referring to one of my old Rosignoli books the patch one on the left could be an "East Kent District" /Eastern Command insignia.

By Jove you're right, I got the book too, should of checked it out. The other one, not seeing that one.

East Kent District.jpg

8 hours ago, Proud Kraut said:

How about the beret insignia (post #23 & #24)? My guess woud be: The Manchester Regiment

I was working on that, was able to find a good still where the Cap Badge is seen, we would say not though, the two look nothing like each other. In example the Manchesters have a Globe at the top, this one from the movie has a Crown.

https://www.northeastmedals.co.uk/british_regiment/manchester_regiment.htm

carry on.PNG

8 hours ago, Proud Kraut said:

Post # 24: The man on the right seems to wear a "Home Counties Brigade" patch (okay, the yellow gate superimposing the red cross is barely visible).

I do believe you did it again Lars Bravo.

download.jpg.599ac139d2ca3470f15f0b42a9c496e2.jpg

carr.png

Meanwhile I believe that the beret insignia (isn´t it a book in the center of the badge?) is a fictional one. Somewhere I read that the setting took place at a fictional "Heathercrest National Service Depot". Somewhere I also found a movie screenshot (that I unfortunately can´t find again) of a recruit entering the depot´s gate with the same insignia on a sign.

A real enigma, because I couldn´t find any picture of a corresponding badge anywhere online...but I have learned a lot about British Army insignia during this research so it was much fun.

Here´s a blow-up of the insignia patches posted before.

BarAbz.jpg

15 hours ago, SFC said:

Skærmbillede 2023-01-30 145151.png

Kind of centaur

What origin is Dracon?

The name Dracon is primarily a male name of Greek origin that means Dragon, To See Clearly. From the Greek word Dracon (dragon, serpent) derived from the words "drakein" and "derkomai" meaning "to see clearly" or "gaze sharply." Dracon, Athenian statesman who founded the Draconic laws, 

The 8th Army, but now in the immediate Post War period  redesignated  British Forces in Austria along with  ROYAL ARMORED CORPS Arcs on Trever Howard's  Major Calloway in the 1949 classic The Third Man.

thhe third man British Forces in Austria.PNG

On 2/20/2023 at 11:47 PM, patches said:

This from a 1984 British T.V. Mini Series The Jewel in the Crown. Here we see legit  Formation Signs for GHQ India, and The Peshawar District.

jewel in the crown 6.PNG

And the Peshawar District

Indian Army Peshawar District.jpg

One more from The Jewel In The Crown. This time the Crossed Keys of the 2nd Infantry Division,  division that was in India and of course Burma from July 1942, before it was sent to The Far East, it had to be completely rebuilt, it being destroyed in France in 1940.

jewel in the crown.PNG

15 hours ago, SFC said:

Hi Pacthes,it looks like 2 crossed arrows to me, can't find that patch anywhere not even in Howard Coles book

Oh snap, you're right, man thought it was the Two Keys of the 2nd Div, strange they would have a made up formation sign given they have real ones in the movie.

3rd Canadian Division in a 2010 Canadian Docudrama STORMING JUNO. Believe the Arc is for the Regina Rifles, though there is an error, that at the far right, the Corporal's Stripes should be solid Black for a Rifles Regiment not the standard type we see.

s-l500.png.787c8ae1b2a1fe79a75fca03d2eb4914.pngstormingofjuno.jpg.1d95014184645199e6057c5a8e63d78a.jpg