Messerschmitt Me 262?

Historybuff00

Historybuff00

Hello everyone.  I have a few questions about this photo. Is this a Messerschmitt Me 262? Also can you tell at all the location of the photo?  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

C7307052-C624-4731-BD3C-A599ECAB3FFB.jpeg

Historybuff00
42 minutes ago, patches said:

Yes that's what it is, photo probably taken in Germany at a captured air base. looks like a allied solder there.

Thanks!  If you look at the edge of the photo it has a month and year April ‘59. Now do you think the photo itself was during ww2 but not developed til ‘59?  Because you’re right, it looks like a captured airbase. 

Historybuff00

“Messerschmitt Me 262 wn 111711, captured and used for postwar evaluation by the United States Army Air Forces as T-2-4012.”

So did some research on the serial number on the tail. Came up with the info above. I believe it’s currently at Wright AFB. So I’m thinking ‘59 photo is accurate. 

Historybuff00
1 hour ago, Historybuff00 said:

“Messerschmitt Me 262 wn 111711, captured and used for postwar evaluation by the United States Army Air Forces as T-2-4012.”

So did some research on the serial number on the tail. Came up with the info above. I believe it’s currently at Wright AFB. So I’m thinking ‘59 photo is accurate. 

In 1954 the plane was rescued from being scrapped by the Planes of Fame Museum in Chino, California, where it resides now.

On 6/26/2022 at 7:27 PM, Historybuff00 said:

Hello everyone.  I have a few questions about this photo. Is this a Messerschmitt Me 262? Also can you tell at all the location of the photo?  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

C7307052-C624-4731-BD3C-A599ECAB3FFB.jpeg

Interesting photo.  I wonder what is going on with the plane sticking up in the background.  Is that a Japanese meatball on the fuselage? 

Mikie

Historybuff00
On 6/28/2022 at 2:39 PM, mikie said:

Interesting photo.  I wonder what is going on with the plane sticking up in the background.  Is that a Japanese meatball on the fuselage? 

Mikie

I was told it’s a Mitsubishi A5M5 HK102