Panzerwaffe fahrer is it really fake?

Shreck

Go to solution Solved by Dune Panther,

I researched this a little bit and found a few people saying it’s a fake. I also saw a few people saying that these were used in the war. Does anyone have any information about there Panzerwaffe Fahrer’s because I cant find much about these. Thanks.

F83E5ABE-EE7F-4889-8E47-1E2929258FD3.jpeg

53BD32D3-C0F2-43E9-8ECD-80AAA2C43417.jpeg

C5404C13-53CF-471E-86D2-085B8A3D6509.jpeg

2 hours ago, Shreck said:

So I saw a ww2 German bayonet that had a Reserve Polizei batallion 101 engraving on it and a 1444 or something like that by the bottom on the blade and I just wanted to know if this is actually original or if bayonet would actually be engraved like that. It was all rusted and looked original but I don’t really know these days and I also don’t have a picture of it. Thanks.

I also heard that these may have something to do with Polish partisans or something but who knows if that is true.

• Solution
Dune Panther

I most definitely agree with daskrieg on this. The item in question is 100% fake and nothing like it was ever used during the TR. A claim of even partisans using something like this is bogus because any partisan attempting to use such a thing at a German control point (or for some other ID check) would be immediately arrested; the goal of partisans or their agents in such situations was to try and pass themselves off as legit, and nothing like this fake would ever have worked during the war.

There are a whole series of phony identification and qualification documents just like this one and they have been circulating for decades. They all share the same basic format and look nothing like genuine TR documents do. I hear these fakes originate in Eastern Europe but this is unconfirmed. Anyone that says this is not a fake is either ignorant (no offense intended) or a scammer trying to deceive.   

Preppy Picker

There are a variety of these passes from all sorts of units. My favorite is the one with the Anti Partisans badge on the front. I can see how the inexperienced would fall for it even though the Germans used nothing like it. A total fantasy piece.