Gendarmerie Collar

SARGE

Not a complete uniform but part of one.  I just picked up a brown Gendarmerie collar complete with orange piping and machine sewn NCO collar tabs.  This is not really a uniform removed insignia since it was never sewn on a uniform.  The uniform collars were made up in anticipation of need so the tailor could quickly sew it on a uniform when it was ordered.  An odd ball uniform item to be sure.

Gend collar.JPG

Gend collar NCO tab.JPG

Gend collar back edge.JPG

Gend collar underside.JPG

Dune Panther

And it is certainly rare in this sort of partial uniform format. Thanks much for sharing this and your other Gendarmerie items, most interesting indeed!

Thanks Dune Panther.  I figured out that I might display my new collar on a Styrofoam head.  Here it is on a Gendarmerie Winter Mountain cap display.  

Gend collar & cap.JPG

Gend collar & cap side.JPG

Gend collar & head.JPG

Dune Panther

Holy smokes! A polizei bergmütze!! Not an M-43 being called a bergmütze but a real one. That is downright amazing and I would imagine an incredibly rare piece. Never seen one before, so thanks for posting it.

Thanks again for the kudos on the cap.  

These caps are quite rare.  Here are a couple more photos showing the short visor and the interior.  BTW, notice the metal Edelweiss is neither Police or Army regulation insignia but a private purchase badge that came on this particular cap years ago so I left it in place.  

Gend 2.JPG

Gend 1.JPG

Gend 3.JPG