Photo of 2 Knocked Out Panzerjäger Tiger Ferdinand/Elefant's

Otter42

This is a large, 11x14 photo. I believe it to be an original period photo. Looks like it was rolled at some point and has cracking. Any tips on how to preserve it. I love the photo and wish I knew where this was taken.  Any thoughts on nationally of civilians walking by? Thanks for any help. Ken 

20220815_154724.jpg

20220815_154733.jpg

20220815_154621.jpg

20220815_154556.jpg

They are in fact Marder III Panzerjäger, and yes, in France Summer of 44.

Here's the official caption from Getty on a copy of the photo they have for sale.

Marder III Ausf M self propelled gun

A French refugee family pass the destroyed wrecks of two Marder III Ausf M self propelled tank destroyers armed with the 75mm PaK 40 anti-tank gun of the Wehrmacht Panzerjager-Abteilung 243 from the 243rd Infanterie-Division that sit amid the ruins of the Church of Saint-Come-et-Saint-Damien following the towns liberation by units of VII Corps, United States Army during the Normandy campaign on 6th August 1944 at Roncey in the Manche department of France.

A great model of the vehicle in 1/35 Scale.

81qyv9TjvxS._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Thanks so much Patches! Great information. Is this photo or one like it found elsewhere? Just wondering where you found all that detail.  Ken 

14 hours ago, Otter42 said:

Thanks so much Patches! Great information. Is this photo or one like it found elsewhere? Just wondering where you found all that detail.  Ken 

It was found here on this site, they "Sell" images, not sure which is orginal, yours or theirs, does yours have any makings on the back, like say U.S. Army Signal Corps?

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/french-refugee-family-pass-the-destroyed-wrecks-of-two-news-photo/3301122