Moroccan Enamel Badge

easterneagle87

easterneagle87

Here is a badge I picked up today. Nice enamel work. Back has arabic writing with a date of 1956. Back has typical British double loop attaching posts. 

IMG_5400.jpg

IMG_5403.jpg

Definitely the badge above is from Morocco. When I was there on a military exercise in 1984 it was being worn as a pocket hanger. It is an Army Badge or Forces Armees Royale or FAR.  Here are a couple examples including one like the above badge Also is a clear photo of the back that perhaps someone fluent in Arabic can translate.

IMG_3027.JPG

IMG_3028.JPG

I don't speak Arabic but with Google translate and some internet mining I came up with this...

The back of the badge, the bottom line is March 2 1956, the second line is the Islamic calendar for the same date Rajab 19, 1375. The top line as a guess I would say the same information in a local language variant.

The 2nd of March 1956 was officially the day when Morocco gained independence from the French protectorate status

The first two badges have three words الله ,الوطن ,الملك, God, Homeland, King, these are the same top words on the the third badge.

The lower writing the best I can do is some sort of wireless or radio school