Cambodian Parachute Jump Wings and Insignia- old and new

triplecanopy

Cambodian Parachute wings from the French Indo-China period up thru the 1970s are shown in the 1st two photos. You can readily see the French influence in the wings design. Some US special Forces personnel were awarded Cambodian Jump wings while working with their units during the Vietnam war. The Jumpmaster - Instructor wings are shown in the second photo. Those badges have the interlocking red and blue rings. The last Photo shows the more recent redesign of the current Parachute Badges of Cambodia with temple of Angor Wat featured.

IMG_3068.JPG

IMG_3069.JPG

IMG_3070.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Great collection of some very rare French Indo-China era Cambodian paratrooper wings.  I have collected these as and below is my contribution to this thread.  The wing in the lower right with the safety pin I believe is post Vietnam War.  The all silver highly polished wing in the middle far left is a South Vietnamese War era and made sand casting of the wing right above it which is a French made piece.  The one top middle I just got and it was supposedly worn by a FANK officer.  It has been modified by the owner as the front has been blackened, the rear lugs cut off and gobs of solder was used to attach clutch back pins.   The same wing is right below it without any modifications.

Cam Grp (2).JPG

Cam Grp (3).JPG

triplecanopy

Dennis,

You have an extraordinary collection of Cambodian jump wings. Thanks for sharing as it is always nice to see what others of similar interest have accumulated. My personal favorites are the local made insignia.