Wurtemberg Mini Sword

SARGE

Gents,

I picked up a very nice Wurttemberg miniature sword at a local military show today that I thought I would show. If you can't find a full size sword this is the next best buy at a show.

The mini Prussian Infantry Officer Degen (IOD) can often be found but this is an example of the similar Wurttemberg Infantry Officer Sword. This sword has a nickeled straight blade that is typical of the genre of these period German miniatures. There is a red felt washer between the hilt and the blade as is also common. The gilt brass hilt is the same as the Prussian IOD but it has no grip insignia and the insignia on the guard is the Wurttemberg crest rather than the Prussian eagle. The sword came with the attached mini sword knot (Portepee). The straight nickel plated steel scabbard has two embossed suspension bands with two round rings attached. The back of the scabbard is plain with embossed suspension bands. The front of the scabbard has embossed foliage designs as well as suspension bands.

I was happy to find this sword at a reasonable price.

Mini Wurtt sword.JPG

Mini Wurtt sword hilt.JPG

Mini Wurtt sword scab back.JPG

Mini Wurtt sword scab.JPG

Mini Wurtt sword scab drag.JPG

Mini Wurtt sword guard.JPG

Thanks for the kudos guys.  Here is a better photo of the Wurttemberg crest in the guard on a full size sword.

Wurt sword guard and knot.JPG