German WKC 30’s parade sabre and portepee

F54

Good day,

This is my first post here.  Here is a German parade sabre.  It looks like a WW1 NCO sabre, but the marking on the blades, as per my researches, lead to a post Weimar or WW2 sabre. It has a WKC marking that started supposedly in the 30’s.

Since there were private purchasing and that the economical situation was not at its best, can I assume that a WW2 German soldier had such a saber?

I also have that portepee that have seen better days.  Can it be a match to that sword?

Any informations will be appreciated

Thank you!

0B504E4A-6F82-480F-8776-D6ECCC344AA9.jpeg

570DBA7E-0243-4871-8FD5-00030FEAD713.jpeg

180FBB73-390B-4D1E-839C-462617DBDF33.jpeg

18CE5613-7C01-4CA1-BECC-1BBD5AC2F723.jpeg

25DD763B-5C84-42E6-A9BC-AECB57654756.jpeg

716A426A-371B-4B88-A5D2-2F94C69183AB.jpeg

F54,

Your sword is a generic P guard Officer sword made by WKC between the wars until the end of WWII with this logo.  This brass hilt sword is shown in their catalog as their Nr.3 "Offizier-Einheitssabel" if made with a leather finger loop, which yours does not have, or a Nr.29 "Glatter Kavall.-Offiz.-Sabel".  WKC also sold them as Customs, Fire Department, etc. "Plain-Jane swords".  Officer swords can generally be distinguished by the little re-enforcement at the corner of the P guard whereas the EM/NCO sword does not usually have this little addition.   The Officer Portepee you show with the sword would be correct.

I hope this is helpfull.

On 11/10/2022 at 11:02 AM, SARGE said:

F54,

Your sword is a generic P guard Officer sword made by WKC between the wars until the end of WWII with this logo.  This brass hilt sword is shown in their catalog as their Nr.3 "Offizier-Einheitssabel" if made with a leather finger loop, which yours does not have, or a Nr.29 "Glatter Kavall.-Offiz.-Sabel".  WKC also sold them as Customs, Fire Department, etc. "Plain-Jane swords".  Officer swords can generally be distinguished by the little re-enforcement at the corner of the P guard whereas the EM/NCO sword does not usually have this little addition.   The Officer Portepee you show with the sword would be correct.

I hope this is helpfull.

Thank you for the answer SARGE!