New to the Forum from New Hampshire USA

Navy87Guy

Greetings! I recently joined the forum to learn more about collecting WW II memorabilia. I’m a retired Navy captain (30 years) and long-time WW II history buff. I inherited a couple of pieces from my grandfather through his brothers who served in the war, and now I’m interested in focusing some of my gun collecting on WW II. I have a small collection of WW II pistols and one rifle (an Arisaka Type 99), and I hope to add some more - along with a few other mementos to add some “color” to the weapons collection.

Here are my current WW II pistols:

1053CBBB-8BAE-4AC0-9004-B7CE6AF497D8.jpeg.92d10f650857e53c16dcff70c2b87e51.jpeg

And my Arisaka with Type 30 bayonet:

2CD685C6-1740-44BB-80EE-049089ABE602.jpeg.2304367280c98415f4ccbcb30dd43849.jpeg

Im looking forward to learning more about collecting!

1 hour ago, Brig said:

Welcome aboard. I'll be headed up to NH myself here this winter

It’s a great time to be here! We live in the Lakes Region and winter is my favorite time of year. (Of course, I’d be happy if it never got above 40 deg all year round!)

48 minutes ago, Navy87Guy said:

It’s a great time to be here! We live in the Lakes Region and winter is my favorite time of year. (Of course, I’d be happy if it never got above 40 deg all year round!)

I'll probably be south of there. I'll actually be working at Fort Devens, but I don't want to live in Taxachusetts, so have been house hunting in southern NH

8 hours ago, Brig said:

I'll probably be south of there. I'll actually be working at Fort Devens, but I don't want to live in Taxachusetts, so have been house hunting in southern NH

Taxes are bad enough - but the restrictive gun laws would be unbearable!!

We’re about 90 minutes north of Devens. The good news is that “rush hour” here (until you get into Boston) is mild compared to other places. I worked in DC for 16 years and the backups started at 4 AM! 

14 hours ago, Navy87Guy said:

Taxes are bad enough - but the restrictive gun laws would be unbearable!!

We’re about 90 minutes north of Devens. The good news is that “rush hour” here (until you get into Boston) is mild compared to other places. I worked in DC for 16 years and the backups started at 4 AM! 

I work at Quantico currently...so I know the pain of I-95

17 minutes ago, Brig said:

I work at Quantico currently...so I know the pain of I-95

Ha! I lived in Stafford/Fredericksburg for 16 years and commuted to DC. So you’ve lived the pain. 😄