Polish M26 Adrian Helmet?

Hezezilla

I recently returned to the Aloha State from Seattle. While I was freezing my rump off I visited a military collectibles store a bit outside of Seattle proper. I bought a number of things but the one item that I am most suspicious of is what was labelled a "Polish WW2 Adrian Helmet". Right off the bat I could tell that the badge is repro. I am hoping to swap it out with a vintage one soon. The artificial toning looks so bad on an otherwise good helmet.

Anyways, getting back to the main topic, it is an M26 Adrian Helmet of French manufacture due to the not-so flared rims. There are no visible stamps on the shell likely because of the very thickly applied gray paint. I asked the woman at the counter as to the authenticity of this and she replied that it came from a large lot of Polish Military equipment. Apparently the original owner was involved in Polish living history. I don't think it's a repro because it has some heft to it. It feels about 50% heavier than my repro M15.

During WW1 the Polish Army under Jozef Haller was dressed in French-styled sky blue uniforms which I have found to vary in color from a light blue to a navy to a grayish blue. So, I think the color could match up. And, even though by the 30s Poland had already switched to a Khaki uniform, it isn't totally unfathomable that a number of the old Adrians were still issued in the sky-blue configuration. Alternatively, I believe a few stocks of Adrians were painted Battleship Gray for use in the navy which would explain the basically gray color of my helmet.

image.png.b999ec7d9ab04646a714b06e8b73f293.png

Despite most of Poland's stocks of Adrians being M15s, the M26 could have also realistically been issued in Poland between 1930 and 1939. The wz. 31 was not in large enough supply to fully supplant the Adrian in Polish service. M26s were issued to Free Polish forces in France and elsewhere but those were again issued in Khaki. Attached are two images of my helmet.

PXL_20221230_190410820.jpg.4bab5dd60771f6d271cd3695819944b5.jpgPXL_20221230_190508704_MP.jpg.d444cbc6033f1c79aa50febd2f3acb29.jpg