Sailor With Anti Partisan Badge in Bronze.

patches

A Kriegsmarine Petty Officer, a Crewman on a Minesweeper or other small type vessel, like a Gunboat or a  Patrol Boat etc, see, he's  been awarded the Anti Partisan Badge. Interested to know how. A couple of guesses off the top, 1. He is stationed in Greece say, and his vessel conducted in shore patrols, or among the  many islands around Greece and the like against Partisans. 2. Stationed in Greece or say the coastal areas of Yugoslavia, and when not out at sea, he and his other crew and other crews of his squadron were dragooned to help out inland against Partisans. 

1868587532_navyantipartisanbadge.PNG.a1e49c4a583a4e22bfc891236bcdbfac.PNG

A Close Up, where we see the Badges and the Navy buttons on his tunic.

navy_anti_partisan_badge 2.png

A very neat photo.  I have never seen a sailor with an Anti-Partisan Badge before.  How he qualified for it would be a good story.

Preppy Picker

He is wearing a coastal artillery uniform so for this period in his Navy career it seems he would be on land. They would enlisted coastal artillery men for all sorts of combat duty especially towards the end of the war.

Oddly this isn't the first time I seen a Minesweeper/Patrol Vessel man wearing the Field Gray Navy uniform, seen it a couple or more times in books, and this one an online find.

mine.PNG