Paint preservation

AgentPerry07

Hello, i have a german m42 which had post-war paint over the original tri-colour paint. I managed to succesfully remove the post-war paint. So now i would like to protect the helmet from rust. But i am unsure what the best way to do so is. I found this product online https://www.nonpaints.com/nl/motip-blanke-lak-hoogglans-spuitbus-500ml?utm_source=google&utm_medium=surfaces&utm_campaign=shopping feed&utm_content=free google shopping clicks&gclid=Cj0KCQiAt66eBhCnARIsAKf3ZNFWj3bLn_wmre2wOqShBxX6xk5LCrTYGdDxQTw0RcUrNAHKQgdXEqoaAqe_EALw_wcB It is a see-trough protection coat (acrylic). Will this protect the helmet? Should i use parrafine instead? and if yes , how? If not what would you guys recommend for a amateur collector to do?

Here's the helmet.(it still has a bit of post war paint but i'm not done yet)

IMG_20230121_145405.jpg

Preppy Picker

Don’t do anything to it just keep it in a balanced environment and rust will not be a problem. Looks like someone made a ladle out of it. Interesting restoration, I can’t imagine it is easy.

Where in Belgium do you live?

6 minutes ago, Preppy Picker said:

Don’t do anything to it just keep it in a balanced environment and rust will not be a problem. Looks like someone made a ladle out of it. Interesting restoration, I can’t imagine it is easy.

Where in Belgium do you live?

Yeah, it was indeed used as a lalde for a cesspool. i'm from Flemish-Brabant , the middle province in Belgium , why?

3 minutes ago, Preppy Picker said:

I used to live in Kraainem.

Oh , i went there a few weeks ago  and visited the  Castle of Jourdain. How did you like your stay in Belgium or are you from Belgium and now live in the US?