Hi I am new to the forum

DDAYNormandy1944

DDAYNormandy1944

Dear forum members,

Hi, I am Frank C. Everards from the Netherlands. I went to Normandy back in 1999 and there something grabbed me. It stayed with me so I decided I needed to do something. I wanted to tell the stories of those who had lived through this ordeal and the stories of those that got left behind but whom we will always remember. So I started collecting email addresses of veterans and I wrote them an email in which I asked for their stories.

The result now is over 250 WW2 veteran stories of all sides and a global coverage of the whole of WW2 including Battles, Holocaust, Concentration camps and much more all to be found on my website https://www.normandy1944.info

I recently completely rebuilt my entire website and a good friend of mine (thank you mate!) is helping me collect patches as I wanted to pay them the proper respect they deserve by showing only 100% original WW2 patches. That is in a nutshell my story, it is an honor and a privilege to be part of this forum! Looking forward getting to know all of you.

Have a great day!

Frank

Preppy Picker

Hello Frank,

Welcome aboard the forum and looking forward to your insights on Normandy which happens to be one of my favorite subjects.

Prep

DDAYNormandy1944
4 hours ago, SARGE said:

Welcome aboard Frank.  

Thank you Sarge! Looking forward to the forum very much!

Frank

4 hours ago, Preppy Picker said:

Hello Frank,

Welcome aboard the forum and looking forward to your insights on Normandy which happens to be one of my favorite subjects.

Prep

Hi Prep, please keep in mind I am just a guy who made a website. Way better historians out there than me. I just try to gather the info and put it online really. I am sure I can learn from you way more than the other way around! 😀

Frank

Preppy Picker
2 hours ago, DDAYNormandy1944 said:

Thank you Sarge! Looking forward to the forum very much!

Frank

Hi Prep, please keep in mind I am just a guy who made a website. Way better historians out there than me. I just try to gather the info and put it online really. I am sure I can learn from you way more than the other way around! 😀

Frank

Au contraire you are there and I am here, you are much closer.

Where have you visited?

DDAYNormandy1944
5 hours ago, Brig said:

Welcome aboard. Are you a member of our sister forum, USMF?

Yes I am Brig :) Thank you!

4 hours ago, mikie said:

Welcome to the WMF. Nice to see you here too. 
mikie

Thank you Mikie!

DDAYNormandy1944
On 2/9/2023 at 8:24 PM, Proud Kraut said:

Welcome to the WMF, Frank!

Thank you Proud Kraut!

On 2/9/2023 at 8:27 PM, Scarecrow said:

Welcome!

Thank you so much Scarecrow!

On 2/10/2023 at 2:58 AM, Brig said:

Welcome aboard. Are you a member of our sister forum, USMF?

Yes I am Brig! :)

On 2/9/2023 at 10:36 PM, Preppy Picker said:

Au contraire you are there and I am here, you are much closer.

Where have you visited?

I have been to Normandy 10 times I think, starting in 1999 I believe for the first time. There something stuck to me. I visited from the Pegasus Bridge to Cherbourg and every village in between. Walked every beach and visited every church even the less know ones. I lived in Switzerland for 4 years and then 8 years in Belgium so I can speak French and that helps a lot too. Met some amazing French people who know everything about Normandy, those are the real historians! I wanted to hear the stories of the men and women who were part of this. I met so many veterans there but this is not about me this is about them. I see a lot of people everywhere trying to get into the picture themselves and/or make money from this. I did not want that. I just wanted to build a website free for all and with no adds on it what so ever. Just a part of history online really. It just takes a bit of time to build the website and gather the information etc etc. And then the rest of the war came into view. So I started to visit concentration camps, Aktion T4 locations and other POI. Visited Berlin like 6 times in the last few years. So many areas in Europe that still echo the past era of WW2.