1920 DWM Police Luger

Ben@HI

Magdeburg marked 1920 DWM police Luger. I was told it was a WW2 vet bring back but the guy I got it from didn't know anything more about it then that. It's all matching less the extractor which was broken when I got it and I replaced and the side plate looks renumbered to me. Not sure if that was done while it was in service or or just somebody with a stamp set. Not the best Luger but an interesting one and the only one I have personally owned that actually shot well. So far I've probably put somewhere between 700 and 1000 rounds through it and haven't had a single feeding problem or miss fire. The only problem it's given me is it doesn't always lock back on the last round. I did notice it only goes forward on the last round while shooting brass like PMC and Winchester but doesn't do it with wolf ammo. I don't know why the ammo would affect that but it does seem to be the issue. Considering the last Luger I had fell apart while I was shooting it and the one before that wouldn't pick up a round and the the one before that wouldn't work because every spring in it was worn out I'll happily live with it closing on the last round once in awhile.

IMG_20230209_214246048.jpg

IMG_20230209_214300306.jpg

IMG_20230209_214324970.jpg

IMG_20230209_214341972.jpg

IMG_20230209_214310916~2.jpg

IMG_20230209_214238842~2.jpg

Yes, your P.08 is a Police modification.  The quick tell is the flat sear spring riveted to the left side pressing on the side plate.  You will also notice a notch cut in the frame just above the left grip which is a removed police modification safety which has been removed by Police Armorers.  I can

t read the post war grip strap markings.  

Your pistol belonged to the Schutzpolizei of Magedeburg District and was the #905 (Waffe Nr.) pistol in inventory for this district.  These were the regular uniformed police of this district.  I hope this info is helpful.

• 1 month later...

GREETINGS BEN@HI. NICE 1920 D.W.M. POLICE.  HERE IS MINE. IT WAS REWORKED FROM AN 1917  ARTILLERY MODEL. IT IS MARKED TO THE RURAL POLICE IN OSNABRUCK AS WEAPON #143  HOPE NOT TOO BIG. 1stATTEMPT

IMG_1575.JPG

IMG_1573.JPG

IMG_1567.JPG

IMG_1818.JPG

HELLO MODERATORS;  I WILL TRY TO DOWNSIZE FURTHER NEXT TIME, FORGIVE ME. THANK YOU.  T BIRD