Need help with this Police Badge

DDAYNormandy1944

DDAYNormandy1944

Dear forum members,

I hope you are all doing okay? I would like to ask your expert views and comments on this German Police badge that I just acquired. I am fairly new to badges specially German ones but I collect them to go on my website www.normandy1944.info.

Have a great evening and I am really looking forward to your comments.

front.jpg

back.jpg

Preppy Picker

It’s a badge for an early fire police visor cap. Ive handled a few of these over the years but don’t put much faith in me when I say I like it. I haven’t handled this sort of thing in a while and have no idea what fakers are doing.

Other opinions will come.

DDAYNormandy1944
34 minutes ago, Preppy Picker said:

It’s a badge for an early fire police visor cap. Ive handled a few of these over the years but don’t put much faith in me when I say I like it. I haven’t handled this sort of thing in a while and have no idea what fakers are doing.

Other opinions will come.

HI Prep! Thank you my wish is to find out if it is a fake or not. :)

Frank

DDAYNormandy1944
14 minutes ago, Proud Kraut said:

I don´t know if this is an original badge but the marking is for sure Assmann.

Hi Proud Kraut,

Thank you so much for your views and comment. It looks like the ones in the Assmann catalogue doesn't it?

Frank

DDAYNormandy1944
6 minutes ago, Proud Kraut said:

They used these markings for decades. For comparison the picture of the back of an Assman Bundeswehr badge.

Assmann.jpg

Yes looks the same doesn't it? Thank you for sharing!

Your Police cap eagle looks good to me.  This is the early Model 1934 style eagle that was replaced with the more beefy Model 1936 cap eagle.  

DDAYNormandy1944
16 hours ago, SARGE said:

Your Police cap eagle looks good to me.  This is the early Model 1934 style eagle that was replaced with the more beefy Model 1936 cap eagle.  

Thank you so much Sarge I posted on another forum and they said: FAKE. The head looks like a chicken instead of an Eagle, the irregular pattern on the swastika, the wings look bad etc etc. But would someone who fakes badges also add the hallmark "A" on the back? I am just starting to collect German badges for my website so I am a complete novice here hahaha

This is my cap badge - no markings on the back, though, so probably not from Assman. The feather patterns are very different from the OP’s, and more in line with the catalog pictures. It also has the pebbling that @Preppy Pickermentioned on the swastika. I’m not sure if this is the “beefier” 1936 model that @SARGEmentioned or not.

8111DED1-6818-4588-97C4-3D6499B02A13.jpeg.a2cc41b9e3d5aa4adb3161b9007e59f6.jpeg

DDAYNormandy1944
2 hours ago, Preppy Picker said:

Usually the swastika is pebbled not indented.

Thank you Prep! 

4 minutes ago, Navy87Guy said:

This is my cap badge - no markings on the back, though, so probably not from Assman. The feather patterns are very different from the OP’s, and more in line with the catalog pictures. It also has the pebbling that @Preppy Pickermentioned on the swastika. I’m not sure if this is the “beefier” 1936 model that @SARGEmentioned or not.

8111DED1-6818-4588-97C4-3D6499B02A13.jpeg.a2cc41b9e3d5aa4adb3161b9007e59f6.jpeg

Thank you so much for your help much appreciate it! 🙏🏻 

5 hours ago, DDAYNormandy1944 said:

Thank you so much Sarge I posted on another forum and they said: FAKE. The head looks like a chicken instead of an Eagle, the irregular pattern on the swastika, the wings look bad etc etc. But would someone who fakes badges also add the hallmark "A" on the back? I am just starting to collect German badges for my website so I am a complete novice here hahaha

Yes, fake badges are more often than not marked with hallmarks such as 'A'. They add to the deception. Nazi badges are notorious for this, particularly since many of the original dies and stamps are being used to produce fakes.

As I said in the other forum, I'm not a fan and wouldn't buy it myself. Between the head shape, swastika texture, and the angled prongs, it's not something I'd want in my collection. But of course, no one is right all the time, and there are so many fakes in the Third Reich hobby that you are going to be fooled several times no matter how long you've been collecting.