Mosin–Nagant sniper rifle

Tonomachi

I know very little about Mosin–Nagant sniper rifles of WW2.  I remember a number of years ago buying a factory refurbished  regular Mosin–Nagant bolt action rifle at the Big 5 Sporting Goods Store for 100 dollars.  I understand that some people have heated up the bolt and bent it downward in an attempt to put together a Mosin–Nagant sniper rifle.  I was wondering if the photos of the Mosin–Nagant sniper rifle pictured below is a genuine WW2 issue (1944) and not something put together.  I checked the serial numbers where I could find them and they all seem to match.  The numbers appear to have been stamped on by hand very crudely.  

1944 Soviet Sniper Rifle (2).JPG

1944 Soviet Sniper Rifle (5).JPG

1944 Soviet Sniper Rifle (7).JPG

1944 Soviet Sniper Rifle (6).JPG

1944 Soviet Sniper Rifle (8).JPG

1944 Soviet Sniper Rifle (3).JPG

1944 Soviet Sniper Rifle (4).JPG

1944 Soviet Sniper Rifle (1).JPG

1944 Soviet Sniper Rifle (9).JPG

The rifle is a Finnish capture rifle the S.A.in a box stamp is a Finnish property stamp. The scope is a post war. The receiver may have been a sniper in Russian service and then refurbished after capture by the finns.

9 hours ago, Tonomachi said:

I know very little about Mosin–Nagant sniper rifles of WW2.  I remember a number of years ago buying a factory refurbished  regular Mosin–Nagant bolt action rifle at the Big 5 Sporting Goods Store for 100 dollars.  I understand that some people have heated up the bolt and bent it downward in an attempt to put together a Mosin–Nagant sniper rifle.  I was wondering if the photos of the Mosin–Nagant sniper rifle pictured below is a genuine WW2 issue (1944) and not something put together.  I checked the serial numbers where I could find them and they all seem to match.  The numbers appear to have been stamped on by hand very crudely.  

1944 Soviet Sniper Rifle (2).JPG

1944 Soviet Sniper Rifle (5).JPG

1944 Soviet Sniper Rifle (7).JPG

1944 Soviet Sniper Rifle (6).JPG

1944 Soviet Sniper Rifle (8).JPG

1944 Soviet Sniper Rifle (3).JPG

1944 Soviet Sniper Rifle (4).JPG

1944 Soviet Sniper Rifle (1).JPG

1944 Soviet Sniper Rifle (9).JPG

Just had another look at the photos the barrel is still the original Russian it has just been stamped with the Finn mark.

These type of bolts are only found on sniper rifles the standard rifle bolt handle is to short to bend. Fakers have to cut the bolt handle and weld on a longer one.