Unknown Hungarian Radio/Telephone Equipment

Hezezilla

Aloha!

A sports store in my area is closing and through a private contact, I was able to sweep up a tremendous amount of military antiques. Everything from helmets to knives, I got it. From the beginning, it's been a battle to identify everything. This piece in particular is a hard nut to crack. I mainly collect helmets so I am not very well-versed in anything more complex than chinstrap construction. That said, I could still identify the other radios and field telephones I received.

This is just a mystery though. I do not know if it is telephone or radio equipment. At first, I believed it was a manpack radio of sorts as it has carrying straps on the back. Later, I was told it looks like a telephone switchboard. The only writing is what you see on the control panel. The only full word on the panel (Körözvény) translates to "roundabout" in Hungarian which is my only indication of origin. All the knobs and switches function. I haven't a clue as to how to turn it on though.

ANY AND ALL INFORMATION IS WELCOME!

Dimensions: L 17in, W 8in, H 12.5in

20230322_175935.jpg

20230322_180012.jpg

20230322_180102.jpg

Looks like a switchboard for field phones to handle five lines. From all the plastic used it it I would say it is fairly modern (meaning post WWII and probably no older than the 60s or 70s)