Ring from ww2?

KaBar

Hello I’m a New member I am from Canada. I recently purchased a ring from overseas it was advertised as a WW2 American signet ring. I cleaned it up and sent it to be nickel plated. It was originally gold plated chipped and the bottom was cracked and bent .it has a glass stone at the top .Has anyone ever seen this ring or is it a fake . 

D0A638F3-2CB7-4C81-84F3-3A492E90AF2B.jpeg

1C0D9F58-5BF1-46A6-BAE8-0F8F1DD5A768.jpeg

F6BE7D72-13A5-41A9-B021-6DE60961DBDA.jpeg

I think it is real- there was a huge burst of patriotism here in WWII and all kinds of various pins/rings/etc. were made up to meet the demand.  During the war most metals were used for the war effort, (other than Sterling)  so you see silver used along side many "pot" or "slag" metals used in these pieces.  The eagle design while it is the Great Eagle of the United States was frequently used as the emblem of the US Army.

I had a jeweller look at it he said it’s tin ,gold plated with a glass stone . It’s my everyday ring so I got it Nickel plated to put up with the wear . It was suggested to me to cast it and have a new ring made out of silver . I wouldn’t do that as it removes all the history from the artifact. Thank you for your input .