Hello from Brazil

PvtOsbourne

PvtOsbourne

Hi folks, pleasure to be here.

I'm Gus, from Brazil. Love collecting wings and headgear, but also have other items related to Brazilian forces from WWII period (as some other countries as well, but not exactly my focus) and Air Force related items from any country during WWII. I also have a database of WW2 Brazilian soldiers (from any branch) where you can search by name or other info: https://bancodedadosfeb.com.br/

Looking forward to keep learning new things with the help of you all!

Cheers!

Welcome to the forum.  I'm sure I am not the only one here who would like to see some of your items.  I know nothing about your area of interest but love to learn new things.

Mikie

PvtOsbourne
1 hour ago, mikie said:

Welcome to the forum.  I'm sure I am not the only one here who would like to see some of your items.  I know nothing about your area of interest but love to learn new things.

Mikie

Thanks Mikie!

Ill be happy to post about some of the items and groupings, there is a lot of nice stories around them! Here is a simple montage I made a while ago with a few different ones, sorry, low quality as I was unable to find the original. Soon Ill start posting the other items here, so hope you enjoy!

Draft Items.jpg

22 minutes ago, Proud Kraut said:

Welcome to the WMF!

PK

Thanks PK!

PvtOsbourne
3 minutes ago, Scarecrow said:

Welcome!  Look forward to more photos of your collection.

Thanks Scarecrow! Happy to see your interest in Brazilian items, folks! Soon I'll start posting the items, but for some subjects (like wings) its really hard to find good references, even here in Brazil. There is the challenge of finding the pieces and then, the documents to tell its history, but soon or later, it happens.

Cheers!

Old Marine

Hello Gus,

Welcome Aboard.  You have some nice pieces there in your collection.  Is there any chance you could post bigger, more detailed photos of thos medals?

Dennis

PvtOsbourne
34 minutes ago, Old Marine said:

Hello Gus,

Welcome Aboard.  You have some nice pieces there in your collection.  Is there any chance you could post bigger, more detailed photos of thos medals?

Dennis

Thanks Old Marine,

I'll be happy to post more photos of all those items. Are you looking for any specific medal? I can start by what you're looking for :)

Old Marine

Hi .Gus,

I know very little about Brazilian medals, so any photo you care to post will help to enlighten me.  They are very attractive looking medals.

thanks

Dennis

Proud Kraut
3 hours ago, Old Marine said:

Hello Gus,

Dennis

I´ll second that! Would be great if you could post them in the CENTRAL & SOUTH AMERICA section.

https://www.worldmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/forum/1664-central-south-america/

PvtOsbourne
3 hours ago, Old Marine said:

Hi .Gus,

I know very little about Brazilian medals, so any photo you care to post will help to enlighten me.  They are very attractive looking medals.

thanks

Dennis

28 minutes ago, Proud Kraut said:

I´ll second that! Would be great if you could post them in the CENTRAL & SOUTH AMERICA section.

https://www.worldmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/forum/1664-central-south-america/

For sure! I'm already taking some pictures from what I have handy and Ill post there, and as soon as I can, Ill post a few groupings too.

PvtOsbourne
21 hours ago, Old Marine said:

Hi .Gus,

thanks

Dennis

18 hours ago, Proud Kraut said:

Hi Folks! Just added a post, soon Ill start adding more :)