Brazilian Combat Cross (1st and 2nd Class)

PvtOsbourne

PvtOsbourne

Hi Folks,

Follow a few photos I have from the Brazilian Combat Cross, 1st and 2nd classes, from my collection.

The Combat Crosses (1st and 2nd Class) were created in August of 1944, in order to award the military personnel who distinguished themselves in action, and were the highest decoration in the army.

Cruz de Combate de 1ª Classe (Combat Cross, 1st Class - Gold)
Intended for soldiers who have distinguished themselves by acts of exceptional individual bravery or who have shown a spirit of sacrifice in the performance of combat missions.
Awarded to soldiers who performed acts of bravery; or revealed a spirit of sacrifice in carrying out missions in combat; and, to the Units that stand out in the fight.

This one from the picture, I assume had the medal itself replaced by the veteran, as it not that rare to see the loop that holds the medal to the anchor. As you also can see, the ribbon was sewn for use without the clip, also, something common (I had a few like that over past years)

Cruz de Combate de 2ª Classe (Combat Cross, 2nd Class - Silver)

Awarded to participants of exceptional actions, performed jointly by several military personnel.

Overall Characteristics:

Front: Maltese cross with handles, with fluted radiance, forming a square; in the center a disk with a laurel wreath encircling the Cruzeiro do Sul. Attaching to the cross is an emblem composed of an anchor, a cannon, four flags and four rifles, with a geographic globe with the initials FEB in the center.

Reverse: Engraved 'Estados Unidos do Brasil' and the medal name/level. Should be also the space to engrave the date of the event that gave rise to the granting of the decoration (But never saw one like that). The ribbon is made of full color silk, 30 mm wide by 40 mm high, red in color, with green borders on the sides.

Ribbon: with a small Maltese cross. Gold or silver.

Soon Ill update this post with more photos and the 'Certificados' (The certificates with the citation), also, Ill try to bring some information about the variations/reproductions.

Hope you guys enjoy it.

Gus

WWII Wings.jpg

WWII Wings (1).jpg

PvtOsbourne

Here some more photos I just took from the same Combat Cross 2nd Class (A.K.A CC2) with the Campaign Medal (got those together in a grouping)

Combat Cross 2nd Class + FEB Campaign Medal

image.png.d82cd0e81bc64bc6ffb08d929e092dd3.png

image.png.9f6e5f91d724b006e6a3edd71dfcd41e.png  image.png.03ad505ec87e689c5b3bcf6afbaa0584.png

And the Campaign Medal

image.png.56dc13aba25d4ea3fce9a545cc6658b7.png  image.png.950aa998e1867d6171e7dd85e89d97b2.png

I think this photos are little better, hope you guys like it.

Gus

Old Marine

Same here, I’ve never seen Brazilian medals and decorations.  Pvt Osbourne, Thank you for posting the detailed photos.  They are very nice looking medals. 

PvtOsbourne
33 minutes ago, RRA227 said:

Great awards. Never seen them.  Rich A. in Pa.

22 minutes ago, Old Marine said:

Same here, I’ve never seen Brazilian medals and decorations.  Pvt Osbourne, Thank you for posting the detailed photos.  They are very nice looking medals. 

Glad you like folks! Ill be posting the others I have and try to add much info as I can, including detailed pictures. During weekend I'll open some boxes I have with different ones and Ill try to put a post about wings too.