8-Pocket Web Cartridge Belt - South Korean Copy

Guest Jeffgsh

Guest dogfacedsoldier

The Brits made a very similar belt during the war, the difference being the shade of the belt and the British markings. I used to see these in surplus stores in 1984, when I lived in St. Louis. The British made belts were closer to ritish khaki shade and had the two front pouches, and they looked like they were made to carry the metal Carlise bandage packet. I'm no expert on them, but I did see a lot of the Brit made ones in the 80's should have bought one, but I hated the look of them. The front pouches on these look like part holders/medical packs. Might be S. Korean or another Asian country.

Jon

Here is a picture of the exact belt being used by Saudi Arabian National Guardsmen during Desert Shield.

They are armed with the FN FAL. The two large pouches are for the FAL’s 20 round magazine and the other pouches are for 5 round stripper clips.

I believe these belts to be South Korean made.

I would also guess that they were used by other countries around the world, as the South Korean companies will manufacture items for just about any country.

IMG.jpg

Guest Jeffgsh
Here is a picture of the exact belt being used by Saudi Arabian National Guardsmen during Desert Shield.

They are armed with the FN FAL. The two large pouches are for the FAL’s 20 round magazine and the other pouches are for 5 round stripper clips.

I believe these belts to be South Korean made.

I would also guess that they were used by other countries around the world, as the South Korean companies will manufacture items for just about any country.

IMG.jpg

GREAT! A picture is worth a thousand words, or guesses in this case. Thanks for your help.

Guest M60 Driver

No need to post close ups of my belt as it is identical to Jeff's in every regard. I agree this is a foreign made belt as the material is noticeably lighter than US or British made material. The closeup of the Saudi troops using the belt with the FN is terrific.