Best DDR Collectable find of 2018

SARGE

OK Gents,

Let's start a new feature by posting this best acquisition of 2018 thread. Post your best DDR find of this year. It does not have to be the most expensive or rarest item but it does have to be your favorite find for 2018. If you are waiting for Santa to bring you something East German at the end of the year you can always post again with whatever he brought down the chimney. Waiting for Santa may be rather bourgeois and reactionary but the DDR has passed into history. Sometimes it is rather like picking out your favorite child isn't it?

My favorite item this year is an East German Czech made Cz.27 pistol that was issued to the East German Police. This is a late wartime manufactured 7,65 mm Czech Cz.27 pistol with NS Zeit WaA proofs and all matching serial numbers except for the magazine. The pistol was issued to re-armed German Policemen in the Soviet Zone of Occupation circa 1946 according to the property markings on the front grip strap. These markings further indicate this pistol was issued to the East Berlin Polizei under the firearms instructions issued by the Allied Control Commission that dictated firearms re-issued to the German Police had to be foreign made. This pistol was also later reworked by the Deutsche Volkspolizei Armory at Suhl in the 1950s as indicated by the DDR period VP star inspection marking on the trigger guard.

A nice gun show find about six months ago.

VP Cz27.JPG

VP Cz27 holster.JPG

VP Cz27 left.JPG

VP Cz27 prop stamp.JPG

VP Cz27 VP proof.JPG

• 5 weeks later...

OK, 2018 is past and the new year has arrived. Anyone else pick up something East German that you would care to share with us?

• 7 months later...

Thats a find piece, never saw one of those before. Great to find the proper marked holster as well. Cool to see people are still collecting East German stuff. I started collecting small items here and there in the mid 90s, then went cold a while and started to get a few more bits in the mid 2000s before going cold again. Id say my 2 favorite pieces I have is a DDR paratroopers combat vest, and then what I think is rare a DDR Paratroopers jump rifle case for the MPi-KMS rifle.