A few Austro-Hungarian medals

Old Marine

Bulgarian and Hungarian WWI Veteran's commemorative medals. Almost the same medals with different ribbons. There is a slight difference in the size of the shield and wreaths on the backs of the medals.

post-185204-0-13643300-1549486589_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Nice little collection, I must admit that I don't have many more than you! These are types in a category of easy to find yet quite varied and underappreciated medals. Now that I have a few uniforms with ribbon loops, I need to invest tome time procuring a few more like these!

The 2nd medal in your first photo is a JubiläumsErinnerungsmedaille für die bewaffnete macht, AKA 1898 jubilee medal. It has the incorrect ribbon, it should have an all-red ribbon like so.

The second 3rd medal in the first image is a Kriegsmedaille, also on the wrong ribbon. Should be black and yellow (not like the ribbon you already have unfortunately).

post-185667-0-16871800-1550365007.jpg

post-185667-0-27071400-1550365175.jpg

Thanks for the information. I noticed the cross and the war medal had the same ribbon and figured one of them was wrong. But for a flea market pick up I can't complain.

Thanks for the information. I noticed the cross and the war medal had the same ribbon and figured one of them was wrong. But for a flea market pick up I can't complain.

Many Austro-Hungarian medals use the same white and red ribbon, it is confusing! They look like legit tri-fold ribbons so you can always use them if you come across different ribbons or other medals.

• 1 year later...