HJ Honor Badge Question

SARGE

Gents,

I picked up this HJ Honor Badge at SOS as a freebie that was attached to a uniform that I bought. I have never had one of these badges before so I have no idea if it is original or a reproduction.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

HJ Honor badge.JPG

HJ Honor badge reverse.JPG

HJ Honor badge back 2.JPG

The "M1/120" and "RZM" markings are raised while the serial number of "101144" is inset as if stamped. This appears to be a Wilhelm Deumer made badge with this particular pin set up. Most of his HJ Honor badges seem to have a "B" marking where this serial number is located. No "B" on mine.

Thanks Jack. Good news about the originality of the HJ badge and I did not know what the "B" signified but now I do.

There was also a Bronze DRA Sports badge on the uniform but it was a one-looker original. So I came out OK it seems.

DRA Bronze badge.JPG

DRA Bronze badge bacl.JPG

I had a good show. I spent more than I sold but SOS is a buying show for me anyway.

I did see some empty tables and I heard a rumor that there were less tables this year than last year but I certainly did not count them. Sales seemed a bit slow to me but I did see some money changing hands and I heard some dealers complaining that buyers wanted to trade rather than cough up the cash. As always, overpriced stuff did not sell while reasonably priced stuff moved along. It was good to see old friends and chat with them and I really like this show and have been going for over twenty years.

I should also say that the weather was good and there were plenty of walk-in shoppers through the door. Foot traffic was good and everyone seemed to have a good experience that I talked to. The Kentucky Pork Producers were providing excellent lunch food as usual.