Some cloth insignia to ID

Proud Kraut

Over the years I found different patches that I wasn't able to ID. They all came together with U.S. patches but my queries at the USMF weren't successful. Maybe someone here...?

unbek1.jpg

• 2 months later...

#4 is an inverted Chief Petty Officer sleeve rate insignia/badge/patch from a country other than the US or Japan.

US CPO/SCPO/MCPO sleeve rate insignia are worn with an eagle's talons on the arc. The sailor's rate is between the arc and top chevron.

Japanese CPO sleeve insignia have an anchor balanced on the arc.

#4 is an inverted Chief Petty Officer sleeve rate insignia/badge/patch from a country other than the US or Japan.

US CPO/SCPO/MCPO sleeve rate insignia are worn with an eagle's talons on the arc. The sailor's rate is between the arc and top chevron.

Japanese CPO sleeve insignia have an anchor balanced on the arc.

Thanks very much, I appretiate your input!

• 1 year later...

I am not sure,  but # 5 might be Phillipine Army, possibly a Ranger unit.  That might be a machete in the center.  It is not unusual for the PI to use English on their insignia. 

Proud Kraut
12 hours ago, gwb123 said:

I am not sure,  but # 5 might be Phillipine Army, possibly a Ranger unit.  That might be a machete in the center.  It is not unusual for the PI to use English on their insignia. 

Thanks very much for this hint, Gil. I haven´t thought of the Phillipine origin yet. I found this pocket hanger several years ago at a local flea market in a box among tons of colored and subdued worn 8th InfDiv SSI, "US ARMY" and name tags.

• 1 month later...