Carabinieri Captain Uniform

SARGE

This is a summer weight Carabinieri uniform for a Captain. Rank is shown on the cuffs of the tunic and the breeches have broad black and red stripes on the outside of the leg. Notice the ribbons that are sewn directly onto the uniform above the left pocket. I do not know what these ribbons represent.

Carabinieri uniform.JPG

Carabinieri Capt back.JPG

Carabinieri Capt collar tab.JPG

Carabinieri Capt cuff.JPG

Here are a couple of pictures of the ribbons along with one of the stripe on the breeches.

Carabinieri ribbons.JPG

Carabinieri ribbons 2.JPG

Carabinieri breeches.JPG

Loks like Merit Cross,1915-1918 War Medal and 1848-1918 United Italy. I can post the awards. Rich A. in Pa.

That would be great. I would love to see them and I know others would too.

Do the three embroidered stars indicate separate repetitive awards or are they simply a part of the 1915-1918 War Medal design?

A star is a year. Here are the awards. The war medal has 1917 and 1918 bars. These awards are part of a group of 5. I do not understand why he does not have a W.W.1 Victory bar. Rich A. in Pa.

post-185404-0-08597500-1548718461_thumb.jpg

Excellent photos of these awards. I appreciate your posting them as I did not know what they looked like. Like US ribbon bars I suppose he could choose which awards to wear and did not have to wear them all.

• 2 months later...
Skysoldier80

The Merit Cross is sometimes seen multiple times on a ribbon bar. They don’t do things like the US and put devices for multiple awards “all of the time.”

I will post my Sons uniforms when I get home in the forum that I started.

The Merit Cross is sometimes seen multiple times on a ribbon bar. They don’t do things like the US and put devices for multiple awards “all of the time.”

I will post my Sons uniforms when I get home in the forum that I started.

Thanks for the information on the ribbon bar. I am always learning.