Current French Soldiers in Horizon Blue.

patches

image.png.b9f0a91e6100f4a946807830b5cfdafb.pngimage.png.b0189418f68c17ec0996169c37fd9196.png

Posted this awhile  back on USMF and thought it would be cool to add these here of these current French Soldiers in Horizon Blue, at I think the 2014 Bastille Day parade, a commemorative affair as well for the outbreak of the Great War, though in this case the Troops should be attired in Dark Blue, and Red pants, 1914 gear etc etc. Seems at least a couple Europeans do this a lot, I know the Russian had huge formations years back parading in WWII uniforms and gear in Moscow. Apart from very small units, like those Cav type units, we don't seem do do this, this huge outfitting of mass formations in complete vintage and accurate uniforms, helmets, gear and weapons.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Found another photo,  2018 in Verdun, as these guys except for the old timer on the right, are young, I think they are currently serving soldiers.

french g.PNG

• 5 months later...
toitoine66

Hello

on the first pics they are real soldiers wearing 1916 uniform, but on the second pics they are reenactors association (By the way they use real adrian mle 15 helmets, while the real soldiers use an plastic helmet from the shop Puy du Fou)