Ship or submarine clock?

Militaria of the Past

Militaria of the Past

I was attempting to look around for more information and I’m kind of getting different things.

If anyone could share more information about this and confirm whether it could be any navy ship or if it was specifically sub use i would greatly appreciate the help. Pre ww2 or wartime?

a1025f521d84655b462c7db942f800e2.jpg

8e0ba0f0d0c21dc26702d42f82d2574e.jpg

c2c54b0081901f432f6ca316d8d36436.jpg

c087948b84c0d8a8a8be9d3111f93add.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fortunes Of War

Hum, it looks like a ship's clock to me.  Not sure about WW2 however, due to the English words "Made by Seikos Tokyo, Japan".  Generally, the Japanese frowned upon using English wording on their products during the War.  Sorry I can't say if it's a sub clock...

Militaria of the Past
Hum, it looks like a ship's clock to me.  Not sure about WW2 however, due to the English words "Made by Seikos Tokyo, Japan".  Generally, the Japanese frowned upon using English wording on their products during the War.  Sorry I can't say if it's a sub clock...

It is possible its pre war, as they went from Seikosha to Seiko around 1926 from my understanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fortunes Of War

Yes, that is true.  Before the war, the Japanese admired the U.S. and the West and had been their Allies during WW1.  Many pre-WW2 things were manufactured and marketed using English spelling.  Early war (predominantly China War) Japanese good luck flags were sometimes also signed by the Japanese using Western characters and cursive style of writing.  There was a cut-off, although it wasn't a firm one; after Pearl Harbor, things really changed.  I can't say for certain when that began with other products marketed in Japan.  Of course, post-War they went back to the "Made in Japan" markings too.