Women Regimental Chefs Of Imperial Regiments

patches

Very nice!  I have never seen any of these cards before.  Quite a striking Princess.

• 4 weeks later...

Princess Louise Margaret of Prussia soon to become the  Duchess of Connaught when she marries into English Royalty in 1879.

Chef Des Infanterie-Regiment General-Feldmarschall Prinz Friedrich Karl von Preußen (8. Brandenburgisches) Nr. 64, photo from 1890,Chef since 1885, so she still retains Colonelcy of the Regiment, not sure what happens in August-September 1914, probably dropped right, In 1916 she becomes Colonel in Chief of Canada's 199th Battalion CEF The Duchess of Connaught's Own Irish Rangers.

prusss.jpg

Fortunes Of War

Patches-

Thank you for posting this link; I have never seen these images either.  ....And that is one beautiful woman shown in post #2; I love the colorized version!

10 hours ago, Fortunes Of War said:

Patches-

Thank you for posting this link; I have never seen these images either.  ....And that is one beautiful woman shown in post #2; I love the colorized version!

Yes all the guys like the Kaiser's Daughter, just like they all like the Czar's Daughter Maria .1715236997_emoticonsmile.png.0c8c5e21e197acceaf03dd4f1d2cd1cf.png

Fortunes Of War

I had to post her full name, just for fun.  Have a look:

Viktoria Luise Adelheid Mathilde Charlotte, duchess of Brunswick and Lüneburg, princess of Prussia. 

She was born September 13, 1892, Marmor Palace, Potsdam, near Berlin, Germany—died December 11, 1980, Hannover, West Germany (now in Germany)), the only daughter and last surviving child of Kaiser William II of Germany and a great-granddaughter of Queen Victoria of England.

8 hours ago, Fortunes Of War said:

I had to post her full name, just for fun.  Have a look:

Viktoria Luise Adelheid Mathilde Charlotte, duchess of Brunswick and Lüneburg, princess of Prussia. 

She was born September 13, 1892, Marmor Palace, Potsdam, near Berlin, Germany—died December 11, 1980, Hannover, West Germany (now in Germany)), the only daughter and last surviving child of Kaiser William II of Germany and a great-granddaughter of Queen Victoria of England.

So too were the Czar's Children, Great Granddaughters and Great Grandson of VR.

Fortunes Of War

I don't know what her temperament was like; hopefully as nice as she appears.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Princess Victoria Melita of Edinburgh, Grand Duchess of Hesse, another Grandaughter of VR. Here sometime in the late 1890s as Chief of one of the Hessian Regiments, a non Guard one as her uniform has no Litzen.

Princess Victoria Melita of Edinburgh, Grand Duchess of Hesse.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Yes I was reminded that the correct German word  for these Ladies is the Feminine Chefin rather then Chef , which is Masculine.

Found another different  photo then the one in the above link of:Alexandra Luise Marie Olga Elisabeth Therese Vera Grand Duchess consort of Mecklenburg-Schwerin  Chefin des 2. Großherzl. Mecklenbg. Dragoner Regiment Nr.18.

grand dutchees mecklenberg.jpg

22 hours ago, patches said:

Yes I was reminded that the correct German word  for these Ladies is the Feminine Chefin rather then Chef , which is Masculine.

Found another different  photo then the one in the above link of:Alexandra Luise Marie Olga Elisabeth Therese Vera Grand Duchess consort of Mecklenburg-Schwerin  Chefin des 2. Großherzl. Mecklenbg. Dragoner Regiment Nr.18.

grand dutchees mecklenberg.jpg

A period depiction of her.

An enlarged view with original image below it.

584980345_chefingmeckdragoner-regiment_18.jpg.8b04ba742a318a68bd23ba4fde6f848a.jpg

Chefin_Dragoner-Regiment_18.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/8/2022 at 10:35 PM, patches said:

An unidentified Prussian Duchess  Chef of a Line Grenadier, Fusilier or Infantry Regiment,

tumblr_o7adviHMgk1qzjmo0o1_640.jpg

This is in fact Princess Viktoria of Schaumburg-Lippe (born of Prussia, sister of Wilhelm II) in the uniform of the 5th Westphalian Infantry Regiment No. 53

• 2 weeks later...