Chinese helmet?

Dirk

Guess it's alright, the Nationalist Chinese got a load of M35 Helmets direct from Germany in the 30s, and when the helmet was first produced.

Here's one with  metal cockade applied rather then painted

chin.jpg

Heat lot # just out of a known range but I don’t know how definitive the list is 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Maple Creek

I don't think this one is authentic. Looks like a reissued M35. The helmet has a zinc liner with rounded chinstrap bales of the type used starting early 1940. This would be well after the Germans stopped supplying the Chinese with helmets. It doesn't make sense that this type of helmet would have found its way to Nationalist Chinese forces. As Dirk pointed out, the lot number is out of the current known range, which is 2072-3120. (This range based on personal research). Here's a link to an authentic one and some additional information on the type from my website: Chinese M35

Maple creek thank you for weighing in as well…I passed along the bad news to the owner, but I suspect he knew what the result would be!  Again thank you! 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Not only with the German Helmet but with a German 37mm  Pak 36, in their theater this rather obsolent model gave pretty good service against the Japanese tank used then,  they being lightly armored.

chinese.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Another gift from Germany, the Sd.Kfz. 222 Armored Car, the Commanders wearing the M35s, not sure on the rest of the crews.

chinese Sd.Kfz. 222.png

• 3 weeks later...
patches

In Shanghai, here chit chatting with a Tommy of the 1st Battalion  Royal Ulster Rifles in Shanghai in 1937, we guess just outside the International Settlement, Britain evacuated its garrisons from mainland Chinese cities, particularly Shanghai, only in August 1940.

The 1st Battalion  Royal Ulster Rifles would return to England and in due course be converted to a Glider infantry unit, goes into action on D-Day with the 6th Airborne Division.

chinese.jpg