Order of the British Empire

fishnlure

fishnlure

I was going through a couple boxes of miscellaneous items from a recent find and found a case for an Order of the British Empire and looked through the cases of medal I bought and found the medal. 

IMG_4488.jpg

IMG_4489.jpg

IMG_4490.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 1/19/2024 at 1:00 AM, fishnlure said:

I was going through a couple boxes of miscellaneous items from a recent find and found a case for an Order of the British Empire and looked through the cases of medal I bought and found the medal. 

IMG_4488.jpg

IMG_4489.jpg

IMG_4490.jpg

What a wonderful find. Shame there is no name of the recipient we could look up...

Proud Kraut

Awesome. Could we see a picture of the bullion insignia partially visible under the medal box on the 2nd photograph? Thank you.

59 minutes ago, Proud Kraut said:

Awesome. Could we see a picture of the bullion insignia partially visible under the medal box on the 2nd photograph? Thank you.

Hi Proud Kraut.

I think that bullion badge is the 'Rhodesian and Nyasaland Army Service Corps' from between 1955-1962. 

Gunner 

DF08C4AC-4D28-4F1F-B635-5AB08C657E93.jpeg

fishnlure

Here is a picture of the case that the medal was in, including  the bullion insignia. this is just one of 26 cases I purchased at an estate sale. there were well over 120 cases of medals and insignia at the sale. I have seen some of the other Items coming up on Ebay recently. I will probably be selling the majority of what I purchased at a later date. I despise ebay and would rather offer it to the members of this site first. I do appreciate all of the help that has been given to me from the members of this forum, and will probably need more help with identifications. I am a little overwhelmed with the amount of  stuff I purchased at the sale. I will try to take more pictures of the cases and post some more soon.

IMG_4776.jpg

5 hours ago, fishnlure said:

Here is a picture of the case that the medal was in, including  the bullion insignia. this is just one of 26 cases I purchased at an estate sale. there were well over 120 cases of medals and insignia at the sale. I have seen some of the other Items coming up on Ebay recently. I will probably be selling the majority of what I purchased at a later date. I despise ebay and would rather offer it to the members of this site first. I do appreciate all of the help that has been given to me from the members of this forum, and will probably need more help with identifications. I am a little overwhelmed with the amount of  stuff I purchased at the sale. I will try to take more pictures of the cases and post some more soon.

IMG_4776.jpg

The British Empire Medal should be named, next to it are some Rhodesian Chaplains Corps with crown is pre 1972 the bullion one is U.D.I period beret badge. P.V. Commander and Deputy Commander are rank titles worn on a camo shirt by members of Rhodesian Internal Affairs PV = Protected Village, red rank strips are also Internal Affairs, N.D. Are cap badges of the Native Department the old name for Internal Affairs. The medals are Zimbabwe Independence, Rhodesian General Service Medal, Exemplary Service Medal for 12 years reserve service. The last two will be named the Zimbabwe Independence will be numbered. Blow them is a Rhodesian Brigadier/ Colonel hat badge, Rhodesian Chaplains cap badge post 1972. Bottom are Generals Collar Tabs. Hope this helps.

fishnlure

The British Empire medal in the top left corner is marked Thompson Michell. The The Rhodesian  General Service Medal is marked PR14927 SGT D.H. Cocksedge and the Exemplary Service Medal is marked  14972 T/S SGT D.H. Cocksedge and the Zimbabwe medal is numbered 11020. The Order of the British Empire medal in the case is not marked.